Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Clucky Chickens Cards with Lien and Isha

Hi crafty friends! It's Lien here, back with another spring card! I adore these little chickens, I had so much fun putting this scene together.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Clucky Chickens Card by Lien Leysen (featuring Picket Fence Border dies)

My mom loves anything chicken-themed, so I knew this card with all these Clucky Chickens was going to be for her, I'm just not sure about the occasion yet. That's why I left so much blank space at the top of the card so I can add any sentiment later on. I do this pretty often and it's a fun trick to keep in mind if you make a lot of cards. 

I started out by stamping all of the images from the Clucky Chickens stamp set in alcohol marker friendly ink. I stamped all of them together with my Misti and I left the stamps in place while I colored them with my Ohuhu markers. Once the coloring is done, I can put the paper back in my Misti to stamp once more with Versafine Onyx Black ink. This is a pigment ink and I love to add Clear Gloss embossing powder to it for a shiny embossed outline. I die cut all the images out with the coordinating die

Sunny Studio Stamps: Clucky Chickens Card by Lien Leysen (featuring Picket Fence Border dies)

While I had my die cutting machine out, I also cut the Picket Fence Border die and the included grass border. I cut the picket fence from brown cardstock and a few times from white cardstock, layering them up for dimension and stability. Then I sprayed it white with the Picket Fence Distress Spray Stain. You can still see the brown peeking through in some places and I even sprayed a little bit of green ink at the bottom of the fence to resemble moss or grass stains. 

For the grass, I cut it from light green cardstock and blended some darker green ink over it at the bottom of the grassy hill to add depth. For the sky I also used a very light blue cardstock and blended the top edges with a slightly more pigmented blue ink. I glued all my scene elements onto a card base and then propped the chickens up on some foam tape. 

I don't make scene cards often, but this was so much fun to do!

-----------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Isha here with a clean and simple card featuring the Clucky Chickens stamps and dies. Such an adorable and versatile stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Clucky Chickens Card by Isha Gupta

I started by die-cutting a semi circle using the Stitched Semi-Circle dies. Sponge peacock feathers distress ink. Flick some ink and white splatters.

Stamp the images, color using alcohol markers and die-cut.
Hens and Coop - Clucky Chickens stamps and dies
Clouds - Baby Elephants stamps and dies
Sun - Balloon Rides stamps and dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Clucky Chickens Card by Isha Gupta

Adhere the semi-circle and all the images to the card. Thanks for dropping by and have a nice day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Stamps
Baby Elephants Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Dies
Baby Elephants Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Clucky Chickens Stamps
Clucky Chickens Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Clucky Chickens Dies
Clucky Chickens Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These are both totally delightful! I love the little clucks!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete