Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Tranquil Tulips Cards with Isha and Lien

Hello everyone! Isha here with a floral card featuring the Tranquil Tulips stamps and dies. I love the layering stamp as it creates dimension without spending much time coloring.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tranquil Tulips Card by Isha Gupta (featuring Stitched Arch Dies, Big Bold Greetings, Watering Can)

I started by sponging various blue and black soot distress inks to create the ombré background. Die-cut the window using the Stitched Arch dies. Adhere the center arc to a blue card base. Now adhere the negative part using 3d foam to the card base. Flick white paint.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tranquil Tulips Card by Isha Gupta (featuring Stitched Arch Dies, Big Bold Greetings, Watering Can)

Stamp the images using pinks and yellows for the tulips and greens for the leaves, die-cut using the coordinating dies. Adhere to the card. Stamp the word "CHEERS" from the Big Bold Greetings stamp, using versamark ink onto a dark blue card, sprinkle WOW! opaque white embossing powder and heat set. Die-cut using the coordinating dies. Stamp and emboss the butterflies onto vellum from the Watering Can stamp, die-cut using the dies

Assemble all the images to the card. To finish I added some nuvo jewel drops in grey mist.

Thank you for dropping by and have a nice day.
________________________________________

Hi crafty friends! It's Lien here back with a fun field of tulips!

Sunny Studio Stamps Tranquil Tulips Spring Flower Field Hello Card by Lien Leysen
For this card I started out by stamping out the Tranquil Tulips quite a few times.  I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to make yet, and mass producing some images to use later on is a great way to clear my head and get into a crafty zone. 

To mass produce layered stamped images like this, I die cut a bunch of blank pieces first with the coordinating dies. I also saved a piece of paper with all the negative spaces of the flowers in it. On the back of that, I put a bit of purple tape so the sticky side would peak through to the front. I put that piece of cardstock in my Misti and puzzled in the blank die cuts. I line up the first layer of the stamps and stamp it on all of my blanks first in different colors. I used purples, pinks, oranges and yellows. 

After the first layer is stamped on all of the blank die cuts, I puzzle them back into the guide paper and line up the second layer of the stamps. I do this for all the layers of these beautiful tulips. This saves you time because you don't have to line up the dies for every single image. 

Sunny Studio Stamps Tranquil Tulips Spring Flower Field Hello Card by Lien Leysen

For my background I used Distress Spray Stains on watercolor cardstock for a quick watercolor look. You can also do this by adding a lot of water to your ink smooshing.

I propped all of the tulips up on foam tape at the bottom of the card and finished it by die cutting a sentiment using the Hayley alphabet die sets, I used both the uppercase alphabet and the lowercase alphabet. Before die cutting the letters, I actually put a piece of foam tape on the back of my colored cardstock. It's easy to die cut through thin foam tape and make your own puffy stickers.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Stamps
Watering Can Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Dies
Watering Can Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tranquil Tulips Stamps
Tranquil Tulips Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tranquil Tulips Dies
Tranquil Tulips Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hayley Uppercase Alphabet Dies
Hayley Uppercase Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment