Monday, February 13, 2023

Build-a-Birdhouse Cards with Cathy and Bobbi

Hey friends! Cathy here sharing a tweat card today featuring the cute Build-A-Birdhouse Dies! I just love the different detailed pieces that you can use to make each birdhouse unique.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Birdhouse Spring Themed Friendship Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Little Birdie, Picket Fence Border Dies, Fluffy Cloud Border Dies)

To begin this mini slimline card, I cut a piece of white cardstock 3” x 6” and lightly inked the very top with Spun Sugar Distress ink. I die-cut 3 panels with the Fluffy Clouds Border Dies and overlapped them on the 3” x 6” panel after inking each lightly with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. The top panel measures 1 1/2" x 3” and I adhered it approximately 1/2” down from the top edge. The middle cloud panel measures 1 1/2" x 3” and the bottom panel measures 3” x 4”. I stamped the “tweatheart” sentiment from the Little Birdie Stamps on the middle cloud panel in Memento London Fog ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder before adhering it to the 3” x 6” panel.

Next, I cut a white card base 6 1/4” x 6 1/2" (scored on the 6 1/2" side at 3 1/4" and folded in half) and adhered the 3” x 6” panel to the card front. I die-cut a fence from white cardstock using the Picket Fence Border Die, added some gray Copic details and adhered it 1” from the bottom edge of the 3” x 6” panel. I inked 2 pieces of white cardstock (1 1/4" x 3” and 3/4" x 3”) with Shabby Shutters Distress ink and die-cut the top edge of each with the grass border die from the Picket Fence Die. I adhered the 1 1/4” x 3” piece to the bottom edge of the 3” x 6” panel slightly overlapping the fence. Before I adhered the 3/4” x 3” grass piece, I needed to adhere a birdhouse and tulips. I die-cut the Build-a-Birdhouse elements from gray, yellow, pink and white cardstock and Copic colored the white house portions. I adhered a birdhouse to the left side of the card front. For the tulips, I stamped and Copic colored the tulip planter from the Garden Critters Stamps and die-cut it using the coordinating dies. I adhered it over the post of the birdhouse and then adhered the bottom grass piece so that only the tulips were peeking out. I then adhered the second birdhouse.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Birdhouse Spring Themed Friendship Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Little Birdie, Picket Fence Border Dies, Fluffy Cloud Border Dies)

To finish, I stamped 2 adorable birds from the Little Birdie Stamps on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I added 3 little die-cut hearts from the Build-A-Birdhouse Dies. Finally, I die-cut the “hello” sentiment from the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies from a light and dark yellow cardstock and overlapped them slightly to help it stand out a bit more.

I hope you enjoyed and are looking forward to Spring as much as I am! Thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

----------------------------------------------

Hi friends, Bobbi here. With spring just a few months away, It’s time to start thinking about singing birds and cute birdhouses. Sunny Studio Stamps has a cute new birdhouse die set, called Build-a-Birdhouse, that has a number of fun design elements to make one-of-a-kind houses for our feathered friends. There’s two darling birds in the set, too.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Birdhouse Spring Themed Birthday Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Big Bold Greetings, Fluffy Cloud Dies)

To make this 5″ X 7″ card, I splattered watercolor paints in vibrant colors on a white card base. I added a cloudy sky with a stitched cloud design. Sunny Studios offers a cute stitched cloud die set called Fluffy Clouds to make a fun stitched sky background. I applied Distress Oxide Ink in Tumbled Glass and Salvaged Patina for a varied sky color. I attached the blended background, bordered with 2- 1/8″ strips made from green pattern paper from the Spring Fever paper pad on the top and bottom, and attached it to the splattered front panel.

I made three birdhouses, mixing and matching the die cut pieces. Each one was colored using shades of pink, oranges and aquas. Additional details were added like scalloped roofs, hearts, flowers and more. Each birdhouse was adhered to a post and attached to the card. I added a number of blue birds to the houses, too.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Birdhouse Spring Themed Birthday Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Big Bold Greetings, Fluffy Cloud Dies)


Using the Big Bold Greetings stamp set and coordinating dies, I stamped the “Happy Birthday” in two tones of blue and cut it out. I attached it with foam tabs to make it stand out. I added additional flowers around the greeting and a few sparkly sequins, too.


Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Stamps
Little Birdie Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Dies
Little Birdie Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Stamps
Garden Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Dies
Garden Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Build-A-Birdhouse Dies
Build-A-Birdhouse Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: