Thursday, August 11, 2022

Watering Can Cards with Marieke and Marine

Hello Sunny Studio friends, Marieke here. Today I hope to inspire you with an underwater card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Card by Marieke Slaats (featuring Fintastic Friends, Tropical Scenes)

As always I made the background first. I ink blended the colors Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon and adhered the panel onto a white topfold base card. 

Die cut the watering can using the Watering Can dies and colored it up using my Copic markers. Then I stamped the inner second layering stamp out of the Watering Can stamp using a black ink. Heat set the sentiment that comes in the set using white embossing powder.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Card by Marieke Slaats (featuring Fintastic Friends, Tropical Scenes)

Used Copic Colors:
Sand - E57, E55, E53, E51, E50
Green - YG67, YG63, YG03, YG01
Yellow - Y17, Y15, Y13, Y11
Pink - RV17, RV14, RV13, RV11
Stones - W6, W4, W2, W1
Blue - B04, B02, B00, B000
Purple - BV17, BV04, BV1
Teal - BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10
Pink / Red - R24, R22, R20
Watering Can - N10, N8, N6, N5, N3, N2 / YR27

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Card by Marieke Slaats (featuring Fintastic Friends, Tropical Scenes)

Stamped the images out of Fintastic Friends and Tropical Scenes stamps. Colored them up using my Copic markers and die cut them using the Tropical Scenes and Fintastic Friends dies.

Adhered all the images onto the card using foam tape or glue and finished the card by adding some clear drops.

----------------------------------------------

Hey crafty friends, happy Thursday! Marine here, super happy to be back this week with another stamp layering card! Today I'm showcasing the Watering Can stamp set again, but this time, I'm putting some beautiful sunflowers from the Sunflower Fields stamp set in it. A good way to officially start making fall cards!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Card by Marine Simon (featuring Sunflower Fields, Quilted Hearts Dies)

I started by stamping the watering can. I wanted it to bring a bold contrast with the sunflowers, so I stamped it using dark blue inks. Next I stamped some sunflowers and leaves, and to make sure that I was layering the stamps correctly, I used the guide on the Sunflower Fields page to help me line up everything. 

And just like the Lovely Lilacs card I shared last week, I used Lawn Fawn dye inks to stamp all the images:
Watering can: blue jay + deep sea
Leaves: celery stick + freshly cut grass + jalapeno

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Card by Marine Simon (featuring Sunflower Fields, Quilted Hearts Dies)

Next step was to create the background. I cut a Quilted Heart Portrait panel out of bristol cardstock, and used salvaged patina, peacock feathers and blueprint sketch oxide inks to color it. I added lots of texture to that panel, and once it was dry, I attached it to a piece of white cardstock.

I stuck the watering can and the sunflowers using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, and next I added my sentiment. I white heat embossed the "Autumn blessings" sentiment from Happy Harvest on black cardstock, trimmed it into a small banner and added a piece of white cardstock to create an outline, and used clear foam squares to stick that banner on the panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Card by Marine Simon (featuring Sunflower Fields, Quilted Hearts Dies)

I attached the panel to a white card base, and finally glued a few clear droplets here and there to bring a touch of shine to the card. And that's it, super pretty and bright, I hope that you like it. I have a process video for you, so feel welcome to watch it for more information (click on the image above). Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Happy Harvest Stamps
Happy Harvest Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunflower Fields Stamps
Sunflower Fields Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunflower Fields Dies
Sunflower Fields Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fintastic Friends Stamps
Fintastic Friends Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fintastic Friends Dies
Fintastic Friends Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Stamps
Watering Can Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Dies
Watering Can Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Hi to SS, Marieke and Marine -
    Love these cards. I am especially a lover of underwater scenes, so I adore Marieke's undersea card!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete