Monday, August 29, 2022

Autumn Greenery Cards with Bobbi and Cathy

Hello Sunny Studio friend! It’s Bobbi here sharing a new die set that is part of the NEW Fall and Holiday 2022 release. It’s called Autumn Greenery dies and it includes a number of distinctive leaves of common trees. I decided to color them for the autumn season and create a leaf pile on this 5″ X 7″ greeting card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Greenery Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Words of Gratitude)

To make the leaves, I die cut them from 80lb Neenah Solar White cardstock. I used white so that I could color each one with Copics. I used a mixture of greens, golds, yellows, yellow-reds, deep reds and browns to create the fall look. I attached them to my muted watercolor background for high contrast. Three falling leaves were glued above the pile, too.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Greenery Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Words of Gratitude)

For the background, I painted a muted, watercolor wash and flicked a gold metallic color over the wash using my fan brush. I used watercolors in mauves, golds and greens. Simple black flecks were added over the wash like small specks in the fall air. Lastly, I stamped a couple phrases from the Words of Gratitude stamp set and attached the card front to a white, A7 card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Greenery Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Words of Gratitude)

Thanks for stopping by today. You can shop the entire Sunny Studio Stamps release here. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

-----------------------------------------------

Hey friends! Cathy here with my first post on the blog today and I’m so happy to be joining the Sunny Studio design team! Fall is right around the corner and today I’m sharing a card featuring the new Autumn Greenery dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Greenery Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Snowflake Circle Frame Dies, Woodgrain Embossing Folder)

I used the beautiful assortment of leaves and acorns to create a fall wreath welcoming in the season. To start, I die-cut a paper from the new Country Critter paper pack and a piece of light gray cardstock using a Stitched Rectangle die. I embossed the gray cardstock using the Woodgrain embossing folder and adhered the pieces slightly overlapping to an A2 white card base.

 

Next, I die-cut the Snowflake Circle Frame from dark gray cardstock and adhered the frame portion to the card front. I die-cut the Snowflake Circle Frame again from white cardstock, inked the center portion with Speckled Egg distress ink and adhered it inside the frame.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Greenery Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Snowflake Circle Frame Dies, Woodgrain Embossing Folder)


For the Autumn Greenery, I die-cut the leaves from white cardstock and inked them using a combination of Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon distress inks. I also inked a few with Iced Spruce to balance the central Speckled Egg color. I sprinkled a little water on the leaves to add a little texture. I die-cut the acorns from Neenah 80lb Classic Crest solar white cardstock and colored them with Copics. I also die-cut a portion of the Pristine Poinsettia die from dark brown cardstock to give the look of a branch tucked in amongst the leaves. For added dimension, I only applied adhesive to half of each leaf so the edges of the leaves stick up a bit and I adhered the acorns using dimensional foam tape.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Greenery Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Snowflake Circle Frame Dies, Woodgrain Embossing Folder)

To finish, I heat embossed a sentiment from the Autumn Greetings stamp set on dark teal cardstock, fussy cut it out and added a few jewels from the Pastel Jewels mix around the sentiment for a little sparkle.

 

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Words of Gratitude Stamps
Words of Gratitude Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodgrain Embossing
Woodgrain Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowflake Circle Frame
Snowflake Circle Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pristine Poinsettia Dies
Pristine Poinsettia Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Greenery Dies
Autumn Greenery Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critter Country Paper
Critter Country Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Dear Cathy, Bobbi and SS -
    These are both absolutely beautiful!! I love the Copic coloring, Bobbi - very realistic!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! So beautiful. The leaves look so real.

    ReplyDelete