Saturday, August 13, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Baby Elephants Cards with Anja Bytyqi

Hi everyone, Anja here and I'm so honored to be back again as a guest designer. Today I'm featuring the absolutely adorable Baby Elephants StampsFor my first card, I created a summer scene by combining two of the elephants with the Tropical Trees Backdrop Die.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephants Card by Anja Bytyqi (featuring Tropical Trees Backdrop Dies)

First, I created an A2 landscape card base from white heavyweight cardstock. I then die cut all the pieces for my beach scene and started on working on the background. I masked off the bottom to create a horizont and stenciled the clouds with Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide Ink. The gradient ink blending for the water was done with Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink.

Next, I colored the sand (Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap) and palm trees (Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twigs, Black Soot) with Distress Oxide Inks as well. The sea gulls were die cut from light grey cardstock.

I stamped the elephants in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. I cut them out with the coordinating Baby Elephants Dies. The sentiment (Inside Greetings Birthday Stamps) was stamped in VersaMark Ink onto a turquoise cardstock strip and heat embossed in white.

Finally, I assembled the scene by adhering the die cuts and images. I layered two of the white stitched frames on top of each other for a bit of dimension.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephants Card by Anja Bytyqi (featuring Stitched Semi-Circle Dies, Frilly Frame Dies, Slimline Dies)

Of course, I also had to make a Baby card with the sweet elephant sleeping in the clouds.

I started off with a lilac A2 card base and picked the purple starry patterned paper from the Surprise Party 6x6 Paper Pack. I die cut it with the full-size A2 stitched rectangle die from the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil Dies set. To create a window opening, I used the second largest of the Stitched Semi-Circle Dies.

For the purple night sky background, I did some circular ink blending with Distress Oxide Inks (Villainous Potion, Wilted Violet and Milled Lavender). I used the cloudy border from the Slimline Nature Borders Dies set and cut it from white cardstock. I added Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink to the top edge.

Next, I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. I cut them out with their matching dies. I arranged and glued down everything behind the semi-circle window and popped up the starry patterned paper panel with foam tape.

The sentiment was stamped in VersaMark Ink onto a black cardstock fishtail banner and I heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I adhered it below the elephant image to finish off my card.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have an amazing weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Surprise Party 6x6 Paper
Surprise Party 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings Birthday
Inside Greetings Birthday
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Stamps
Baby Elephants Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Dies
Baby Elephants Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment