Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Swimming Pool Die Focused Cards with Alma and Gladys

Hi, this is Alma and today I want to show you a happy shaker card even though it's a rain card. We're having a heatwave here in Germany, so we could use a cooling-down in form of a card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Swimming Pool Die Focused Card by Alma Störk (featuring Rain or Shine)

I decided to go with a rectangular card format and first cut a rectangle of about 4 by 2 inches into the card base. For the shaker frame I cut a 4.5 by 2.5 inch rectangle. I then cut another rectangle of 4 by 2 inches into it to create a frame. I glued foil into both rectangles. Then I glued the frame to the cardstock and filled the shaker element with the Iridescent Clear Jewels.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Swimming Pool Die Focused Card by Alma Störk (featuring Rain or Shine)

Then I coloured the dog and the umbrella from the Rain or Shine stamp set with Copics and mirrored them using the mirror stamping technique. I also coloured the reflection and inserted it into the Swimming Pool die. To increase the reflection effect I glued on a vellum. Now I stamped the text from the Rain or Shine stamp set on the inside of the card and stamped the clouds from the same set and punched them out with the matching Rain or Shine Dies! Finished!

-------------------------------------------------

Hello friends! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Gladys here and I'm excited to be back on the blog to share my project using the Swimming Pool die. This awesome die is the perfect element to use with all your summer projects. For my card I combined it with the adorable seals from an older stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Swimming Pool Die Focused Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Sealiously Sweet)

To start I created the background using a sunray stencil and distress oxide inks. I lightly blended the inks on Bristol smooth cardstock. Then I lay the stencil and use a heavier hand to blend the same inks. I do this method so that I don't have the white showing from the cardstock and the darker ink blend makes the rays more prominent.

Next I stamped and colored several seals from Sealiously Sweet stamp set using alcohol markers. I use the coordinating dies to cut them out. I also used the Swimming Pool die to cut from white cardstock and colored it with markers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Swimming Pool Die Focused Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Sealiously Sweet)

To assemble the card I cut a piece of dark gray cardstock and mounted it on the bottom of the panel. I used a combination of liquid glue and foam tape to adhere the images. For the sentiment I heat embossed on black cardstock and stamped the word "summer" using our Beach Buddies set onto the panel. For the finishing touch I used a white gel pen to add white highlights.

Thanks so much for joining me. Have a wonderful day!!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Rain or Shine Dies
Rain or Shine Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rain or Shine Stamps
Rain or Shine Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Swimming Pool Die
Swimming Pool Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment