Thursday, August 18, 2022

Designer's Choice Cards with Marine and Marieke

Hey crafty friends, Marine here with you today! I'm super happy to be back on the blog with this duo of cute and bright cards. They feature the butterfly stamp from the Watering Can stamp set, I didn't get a chance to use that stamp before, and I thought it would be nice to use with rainbow colors.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Butterfly Cards by Marine Simon (featuring Moroccan Circle Embossing Folder)

I started by cutting a 6 x 3" mini slimline white panel, and an 8,5 x 3,5" slimline white panel. On the mini slimline panel I printed texture using the Moroccan Circles embossing folder, and on the slimline panel I added texture by creating lines each quarter of an inch using a ball tool.

I gold heat embossed a bunch of butterflies on vellum, and I cut them using the coordinating die. I used that same coordinating die to cut colorful butterflies. And I white heat embossed a "Thinking of you" sentiment from Watering Can on a black banner. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Butterfly Cards by Marine Simon (featuring Moroccan Circle Embossing Folder)

Next I assembled the cards. On the mini slimline panel, I added a vertical row of butterflies. I first attached plain butterflies in a rainbow order using foam squares, tucked my "Thinking of you" sentiment between two butterflies, and then stuck a golden butterfly on each plain butterfly using liquid glue.

And on the slimline panel, I stamped a simple "Hello" sentiment from Lovely Lilacs, attached plain butterflies in zigzag using foam squares, and then added a golden butterfly on each plain butterfly. And I finished both cards by gluing clear droplets to bring more light.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Butterfly Cards by Marine Simon (featuring Moroccan Circle Embossing Folder)

And that's it! They're both super pretty and they were very quick to make so it would definitely be easy to mass produce them. I hope that those cards will inspire you. As always I leave with the process video so feel welcome to check it out for more details (click on the image above)! Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you next time!

-------------------------------------------------

Hello Sunny Studio Friends, Marieke here. Today I hope to inspire you with a personalized card that I made especially for the amazing owner of Sunny Studio; Mendi! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Card by Marieke Slaats (featuring Thank You Word Dies, Tropical Scenes)

ink blended Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry on to a piece of cardstock and I die cut it. Splattered some water and adhered it onto a slightly larger rectangle.

Out of white cardstock I cut the word Thanks using the Thank You Word Dies four times and glued them together. Die cut the name Mendi and adhered both in the middle of the card. Heat set the other sentiments that are in the Fabulous Flamingo set on pink cardstock. Die cut the small sentiment and cut the other one using my scissors.

Used Copic Colors:
Flamingo - RV13, RV42, R01, R00 / C5,C3,C1,0 / Y13, Y11
Green - YG67, YG63, YG03, YG01
Brown - E47, E44, E43
Dark Green - G28, G09, G07
Pink - R85, R83, R81

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Card by Marieke Slaats (featuring Thank You Word Dies, Tropical Scenes)

Stamped the images out of the Fabulous Flamingos and Tropical Scenes stamps. Colored them up using my Copic markers and cut them using the Fabulous Flamingos and Tropical Scenes Dies.

Adhered the background on to a pink top fold base card and added all the images using different heights of foam tape.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Thank You Words Die
Thank You Words Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Moroccan Circles Embossing
Moroccan Circles Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovely Lilacs Stamps
Lovely Lilacs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Stamps
Watering Can Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Dies
Watering Can Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous, flamazing, phenomenal cards!! TFS -
    Lori S in PA (USA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful butterfly card! I love this was made on slimline card base! <3

    ReplyDelete