Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Too Cute To Spook Cards with Isha and Kavya

Hello everyone! Isha here today sharing the Too Cute To Spook stamps and dies from the new release. I hope you might have enjoyed all the lovely cards Mendy shared last week.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute to Spook Card by Isha Gupta (featuring Stitched Semi-Circle Dies, Picket Fence Border Dies)

To start, I sponged clouds in the background using various distress inks. Die-cut this panel using the outline die of the Frilly Frame Quatrefoil. Now die-cut this panel using the Stitched Semi-Circle die. Adhere the positive to the white card base. Stamp the trees from the Too Cute To Spook stamp set using black ink to this semi-circle. Adhere vellum to this piece. Adhere the negative piece to the card base using 3d foam.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute to Spook Card by Isha Gupta (featuring Stitched Semi-Circle Dies, Picket Fence Border Dies)

Die-cut the grass from the Picket Fence Border die. Sponge distress inks in blue, teal and purple. Stamp the images, colour using copic markers. Die-cut using the coordinating dies. Adhere the images to the card. I did not stamp any sentiment, so I could stamp on the inside of the card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day.

------------------------------------------------

Hi folks, Kavya here. I am back on the blog with another fun project using one of my favorite stamps from the release! This is something unusual for me because I used just one stamp set! Can you believe that? I have also been hooked to interactive cards so I have been trying to find ways to repurpose existing dies in my stash to create 3D cards. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute to Spook Card by Kavya (featuring Slimline Dies, Stitched Arch Dies)

Today’s card is a 3D box card that I made using the Stitched Arch dies. The side pieces were measured and hand cut while the grass was cut using Slimline Nature Border dies. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute to Spook Card by Kavya (featuring Slimline Dies, Stitched Arch Dies)

For the background, I used the die cut clouds as a stencil and ink blended using shaded of purple dye ink. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute to Spook Card by Kavya (featuring Slimline Dies, Stitched Arch Dies)

Then, I stamped and colored a bunch of images from Too Cute To Spook and added them to the card base. I also used some acetate to make a ‘floating’ bat! 

That’s it folks! I hope you liked this fun project :) Happy Crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments:

  1. These cards are 100% adorable!!! People sometimes forget that bats along with butterflies and bees pollinate our plants and make at least 1/3 of our food possible! I appreciate Mendi giving this nod to the bat in this new release and would encourage everyone to plant pollinator friendly-milkweed and butterfly bushes to name but a couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased with both night skies. The pink is really nice and I always love a good night sky in dark colors. Nice job ladies!!

    ReplyDelete