Thursday, September 30, 2021

Words of Gratitude Cards with Marine and Anja

Hey crafty friends, Marine here, I'm thrilled to be on the blog today with this lovely pop-up scene at the pumpkin patch. My all time favorite thing is to create cute scenes, and I like to pick my images from lots of stamp sets to help me build the idea I have in mind. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Words of Gratitude Fall Friends Fall Kiddos Happy Harvest Thank You Card by Marine Simon

So here are the sets I used:

Words of Gratitude - to create my sentiment in three parts
Fall Kiddos - three kids
Happy Harvest - pumpkins + sunflowers
Fall Friends - wooden cart
Harvest Mice - more pumpkins
Farm Fresh - two crows
Picket Fence - grass border

I stamped all the images using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, cut them all using the coordinating dies and then colored everything using my alcohol markers.

Once the coloring was done, I cut a panel using the center picture window die set by Lawn Fawn and created an autumn sky using dried marigold, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry and seedless preserves oxide inks. I blended those inks on the top section of the panel, and then added lots of texture to that background to bring more interest to it.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Words of Gratitude Fall Friends Fall Kiddos Happy Harvest Thank You Card by Marine Simon

Next I created an identical panel that will go on the front of the card, and cut a window out of it using an oval shape die. I folded the main panel in half, flipped it upside down, lined up the window panel with the bottom section of the main panel, applied glue right on the blank section in the middle, and then attached the oval shape right on that blank spot. And next I stuck foam squares at the back of the window panel that I attached on the bottom section of the main panel to frame the oval shape.

I colored the inside bottom section of the panel using frayed burlap oxide ink, and cut two small grass borders, using a die from Picket Fence, that I colored using the same ink. I stuck one of these on the outside of the card and the other one on the inside of the card. And next I attached a few images on the front of the card using liquid glue and foam squares.

Next I moved on to the inside of the card and before creating the pop-up mechanism, I attached all the images I wanted to see in the background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Words of Gratitude Fall Friends Fall Kiddos Happy Harvest Thank You Card by Marine Simon

For the pop-up mechanism, it's always easier to understand with images so I invite you to watch the video below to see how it was made. Basically I created two rows of pop-up sections: on the middle section I attached the wooden cart full of pumpkins and sunflowers with a kid on top, and one the front section I stuck a line of pumpkins and sunflowers with a kid on the left side and a crow on the right.

At the end I created my sentiment in three parts using Words Of Gratitude: the first part says 'Thank you' and goes on the front of the card, and the second and third parts go on the inside and say 'for always being there' and '& always being you'. And finally I added lots of highlights and details on the images and autumn sky using a white gel pen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Words of Gratitude Fall Friends Fall Kiddos Happy Harvest Thank You Card by Marine Simon

And that's it! I hope you like this sweet little scene at the pumpkin patch. Right above is the process video (just click on the image) so feel welcome to check it out! See you soon for another Sunny Studio project!

----------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, Anja here and today's focus is on the Word of Gratitude Stamps which are perfect to simply say Thank You in many different ways.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Words of Gratitude Frilly Frame Dies Winter Greenery Card by Anja Bytyqi

I combined the largest of the Stitched Rectangle Dies with the Frilly Frames Chevron background and die cut it from white cardstock. I also die cut the chevrons from three colors of cardstock and alternately inlaid them. I adhered the chevron background with a piece of fun foam to the white A2 card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Words of Gratitude Frilly Frame Dies Winter Greenery Card by Anja Bytyqi

The sentiment was stamped in two colors onto a white stitched cardstock circle. I additionally heat embossed the pink words 'thank you' with clear embossing powder. Next, I die cut a couple of Winter Greenery sprigs from white cardstock and adhered them behind the sentiment circle which I popped up with foam tape. To embellish the card, I added three Iridescent Pearls in matching colors.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!

Sunny Studio Stamps: 

Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Friends Stamps
Fall Friends Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Friends Dies
Fall Friends Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Words of Gratitude Stamps
Words of Gratitude Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Kiddos Stamps
Fall Kiddos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Kiddos Dies
Fall Kiddos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Harvest Stamps
Happy Harvest Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Harvest Dies
Happy Harvest Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Farm Fresh Stamps
Farm Fresh Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Farm Fresh Dies
Farm Fresh Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Stamps
Harvest Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Dies
Harvest Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Greenery DIes
Winter Greenery DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment