Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Icing Border Die Focused Cards with Franci and Julia

Hello there and happy Wednesday! It's Franci here with some Christmas tags featuring the new Icing Border dies. Ta daaa! Yes, I used one of the new border to create a Christmas tree for my tags! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Icing Border Die Scalloped Circle Tag Die Inside Greetings Christmas Tags by Franci Vignoli

First of all I die cut all the tag elements out of white and blue cardstock using the Scalloped Tag Circle dies and the Slimline Nature Borders dies and put them together. 

I stamped my sentiment on the back of both tags (it's from the Inside Greetings Holiday set) and then moved onto the trees at the front. I die cut one of the new borders multiple times out of this green paper from the All is Bright 6x6 set and out of white cardstock.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Icing Border Die Scalloped Circle Tag Die Inside Greetings Christmas Tags by Franci Vignoli

I layered them all to give my tree more dimension and then I cut them out into shorter pieces. You can count the scallop details as a guide: I chose to create a tree with 4 layers + the 5th one = the star! So my bottom layer counts 5 scallop details, the next one 4, then 3 and the last one 2. I glued them down and added all my decorations. I used lots of colored Nuvo Drops but you can use sequins, clay embellishments, gems.

Hope you like this fun idea to stretch your supplies and thanks a lot for stopping by! Have a lovely day!

------------------------------------------

Hello! It’s Julia here and I am super excited to share this fun gingerbread house-shaped card with you!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Icing Border Die Christmas Cookies Gingerbread House Die Christmas Card by Julia Englich

First, I stamped the images from Christmas Cookies and Candy Shoppe onto Bristol Smooth cardstock and I colored them in using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.

Then, to create my shaped card, I used an A2-sized card base and the outline house die from the Gingerbread House dies. I lined up the top edge of the die with the edge of the folded card base, making sure to leave a little gap between the cutting edge and the card base, so the top won't be cut through. I ran it through the die-cutting machine twice to make it cuts through both layers of cardstock. After that, I also die-cut all the other pieces of the Gingerbread House and I ink blended them with Distress Oxide inks.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Icing Border Die Christmas Cookies Gingerbread House Die Christmas Card by Julia Englich


I adhered all the decorative house pieces to my shaped card base. I also die-cut all three of the
Icing Borders and adhered them to the roof, door, and sides of the house. Then it was time to embellish! I added Rubellite and Pink Spinel jewels to the roof lining as well as to the door and then I added lots and lots of stickles to all the areas that I thought could use a little extra sparkle! So basically everywhere - haha!

Have you ever made a shaped card? I had so much fun making this one and I hope you like it! Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Candy Shoppe Stamps
Candy Shoppe Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Candy Shoppe Dies
Candy Shoppe Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Cookies Stamps
Christmas Cookies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Cookies Dies
Christmas Cookies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingerbread House Dies
Gingerbread House Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Icing Border DIes
Icing Border DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Tags-Circle
Scalloped Tags-Circle
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
All Is Bright Paper
All Is Bright Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment