Friday, May 21, 2021

Looking Sharp Cards with Tammy and Candice

Hello! Tammy here sharing this fun birthday card, featuring the Looking Sharp Stamp Set. Those sweet, smiling cacti and succulents are just the cutest!!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Looking Sharp Slimline Dies Cactus Themed Punny Birthday Cards by Tammy Stark

To begin, I cut Bristol cardstock to 3 X 8" and ink blended the background with Abandoned Coral and Tattered Rose Distress Oxide inks. I splattered some water, then some thinned Abandoned Coral ink onto the background to create some interest. Next, I created a frame by die cutting white cardstock using the Scalloped die from the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies. I then centered the stitched mat die onto the scalloped rectangle and ran through my die cut machine to create a frame, and attached it to my card. 

Next, I stamped the images from Looking Sharp onto Bristol cardstock, colored with Copic markers, and die cut the images with the Looking Sharp Dies.

Copic Colors Used: Greens: G28, G24, G21, G20 and YG67, YG13, YG03, YG01, YG00; Pots: E19, E17, E15, E13, E11; Coral: R35, R32, R30, R00; Yellow: Y15, Y13, Y11, Y000

Sunny Studio Stamps: Looking Sharp Slimline Dies Cactus Themed Punny Birthday Cards by Tammy Stark

Next, I stamped the sentiment onto my card using black ink. Lastly, I arranged the images and attached them using foam tape for dimension, then adhered my card front to a white slimline card base to complete my card!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a fabulously crafty day!

---------------------------------------

Hello! It's Candice with you and I am sharing a great way to extend the use of this adorable Looking Sharp stamp set for a masculine birthday card!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Looking Sharp Slimline Dies Stitched Rectangle Dies Cactus Themed Punny Birthday Card by Candice Fisher

I used these Sunny Studio products to create my mini slimline card:

I began my mini slimline with a 6 1/2 x 4 card base. For the background, I die cut the stitched rectangle extending it to fit my mini slimline using the partial die cut method (simply run it through partway, rotate and line up, and run again through just partway) from white cardstock and repeatedly stamped the cacti using Altenew Silver Lake ink.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Looking Sharp Slimline Dies Stitched Rectangle Dies Cactus Themed Punny Birthday Card by Candice Fisher

Next, I stamped the 3 cacti, colored them with Copic markers in masculine colors and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I adhered them with foam tape over a stitched banner which I heat embossed the sentiment in white. For a simple accent to draw the eye in, I added some black jewels!

Thank you so much for visiting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Looking Sharp Stamps
Looking Sharp Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Looking Sharp Dies
Looking Sharp Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Pennant Dies
Slimline Pennant Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment