Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Color My World Cards with Julia and Franci

Hey crafty friends! It’s Julia here with a super colorful card! For this card, I started by stamping out the brush and the color palette from the layering stamp set Color My World

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Frilly Frame Dies Teacher Card by Julia Englich

I still don't own a lot of layering inks, so I went back to my trusty Distress Inks! I stamped the base layers for the paint palette in Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs. I normally would have tried to stamp the lightest color a few times, since the Distress Inks don't really give a smooth finish when stamping, but in this case it actually created a wood-like texture that I really liked - so I just left it as it! For the based of the paint brush, I used the same colors, I just added in Tea Dye as my lightest shade. For the barrel I used Hickory Smoke and for the tip of the brush I used Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo. For all the fun paint colors I stamped each Distress ink multiple times per layer to darken up the image each time and create the 3D-effect. It is definitely more subtle, than with layering inks, but it works! The colors I used were Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, Candied Apple and Picked Raspberry.

Then, to create my background, I used the re-inkers for my colorful inks and watercolored a rainbow fade with them. Once dried, I attached the panel to a card base and I layered the Frilly Frame Lattice die cut in white over top. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Frilly Frame Dies Teacher Card by Julia Englich


I stamped my sentiment from Color My World and heat embossed it in white onto black cardstock. After that, I used the coordinating dies for Color My World to cut out the paint palette and brush and I used liquid glue to adhere both together. I attached them with foam squares and added my sentiment strip on top. Finally, I added shimmer and and Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the fun colors in the paint palette. I really hope you like it!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

-----------------------------------------------

Happy Wednesday everyone! Franci here with a colorful card today, perfect for all the inspiring people in your life.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Teacher Appreciation Teacher Card by Franci Vignoli

First of all I created my card base out of white cardstock and inked the front with pink Distress ink, then I stamped my sentiment from the Teacher Appreciation set at the bottom. I created my palette using the Color My World coordinated dies and I hope this will give you inspiration to look at all your coordinated dies and create something original with them :)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Teacher Appreciation Teacher Card by Franci Vignoli

I die cut all the elements out of solid colored cardstocks and some patterned paper from the Spring Fling paper. I assembled the palette using both liquid glue and foam adhesive and coated all the color splashes with Glossy Accent. Finally I glued down the palette and added a little red heart + some little dots onto my background with a white gel pen.

I'm so in love with this and I can't wait to create more palette like this and turn them into paper clips, magnets. Hope you are now inspired to create and thanks a lot for stopping by today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Color My World Stamps
Color My World Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Color My World Dies
Color My World Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Teacher Appreciation Stamps
Teacher Appreciation Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fling Paper
Spring Fling Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment