Monday, May 24, 2021

Beach Buddies Cards with Mayra and Ashley

Hello and happy Monday everyone. Mayra here with you today and I am always happy to be here. I am sharing a fun card using the super, super cute new Beach Buddies stamp set. These cuties are ready for a fun day at the beach. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Buddies Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Balloon Rides Summer Themed Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I began by die-cutting a large rectangle as the base of the card. I then die cut the Comic Strip frame die from the Comic Strip Speech Bubbles die set. I used the die cut rectangle and square pieces to die cut the sand and water areas for each of the little scenes. I used the Slimline Nature Borders die set for the water and sand layers. 

I added color to the base using Salty Ocean and Broken China Distress Oxide inks. For the water, I used Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, and Broken China. For the sand, I used Gathered Twigs and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Buddies Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Balloon Rides Summer Themed Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

Next, I colored the images I would use to create the scenes. I used the smaller tiger, and sun from the Balloon Rides stamp set, the sandcastle and umbrella from the Beach Babies stamp set, the beach ball from the Sealiously Sweet stamp set, and the palm leaves from the Tiki Time stamp set. 

I hope you enjoy the card I created to share with you today. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

----------------------------------------------

Hello friends! It's Ashley today with a card featuring the absolutely adorable Beach Buddies set! The cute little critters from Balloon Rides are back, but in a bigger size with loads of beach and summer items to accessorize with!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Buddies Best Fishes Balloon Rides Window Quad Dies Summer Themed Card by Ashley Ebben

I started my card as I often do with an ink blended background. I blended Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink about halfway up a white card base, then added Distress Oxides in Speckled Egg and Peacock Feathers to the other half. This gave me the impression of beach and ocean for the background. I sprayed some water on it, then mopped up the extra with a paper towel. While that dried, I used the Window Quad Square dies on an A2 piece of white cardstock. I then die cut the piece again with the frame from Frilly Frames Stripes and attached the windowed piece to the ink blended base with extra thick foam tape. I used the one from Heffy Doodle, but if you don't have extra thick tape, you can just double up regular foam tape for the same look!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Buddies Best Fishes Balloon Rides Window Quad Dies Summer Themed Card by Ashley Ebben

I stamped several images from Beach Buddies along with the crab and starfish from Best Fishes, the beach ball from Sealiously Sweet, and the drinks from Tiki Time in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I colored them all with Copics and added a few white gel pen accents before cutting everything out with the matching dies. I arranged the images in the windows, popping a few up with regular foam tape. The end result is four mini scenes that also work together as one big scene! I finished by stamping a sentiment from Beach Buddies along the bottom. I used black ink for the small words, but brought back the Speckled Egg and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxides for the "summer". 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Dies
Beach Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Stamps
Tiki Time Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Dies
Tiki Time Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Stamps
Beach Babies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Dies
Beach Babies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Window Quad Square Die
Window Quad Square Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment