Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Surfing Santa Cards with Leanne and Isha

Hello everyone! It's Leanne here to share some holiday card inspiration with a tropical twist. I have combined my focal images with a fun striped background for a simple but festive scene.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Frilly Frame Dies Seasonal Trees Tropical Scenes Tropical Themed Christmas Card by Leanne West

This card is A2 size. I created the striped background with the Frilly Frames Stripes Die. I die cut the frame from white card stock and the layered it over a panel of soft red card stock. I love a good candy cane stripe for the holidays. Next I Copic colored all the stamped images. Santa and surf board are from Surfing Santa

Copics used: YG11, YG13, YG18, E40, E41, E43, E44, R32, R35, C1, C3, E00, E02

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Frilly Frame Dies Seasonal Trees Tropical Scenes Tropical Themed Christmas Card by Leanne West

The little island is from Tropical Scenes. Palm trees are from Seasonal Trees and Sending Sunshine. To finish off the card, I used the greeting included with Surfing Santa and white heat embossed it onto a small die cut speech bubble.  

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Isha with you today sharing a no-line watercoloring card featuring the Surfing Santa stamp set. I am so happy that we have this set with summer theme Santa :)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Seasonal Trees Tropical Themed Christmas Card by Isha Gupta

I started by stamping the bigger palm tree from the Seasonal Trees stamp set onto watercolor paper using Antique Linen Distress ink. I bend it a bit more towards the left. It's so easy to manipulate the clear stamps a bit. I then marked my water, sand area roughly and started coloring the tree. 

I then created the background. Now stamp the smaller palm trees from the Surfing Santa stamp set. Again, I bent them as per my liking and added color to them. Stamp the Santa onto a watercolor piece and color in. I then die-cut the image using the coordinating dies. Apply puffy paint to the Santa hat fur and heat set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Seasonal Trees Tropical Themed Christmas Card by Isha Gupta

Stamp the sentiment and emboss using WOW! metallic platinum embossing powder. Adhere the Santa image using 3D foam. Adhere this layer to a kraft card base.

Thanks for dropping by. Have a nice day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sending Sunshine Stamps
Sending Sunshine Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sending Sunshine Dies
Sending Sunshine Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Surfing Santa Stamps
Surfing Santa Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Surfing Santa Dies
Surfing Santa Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: