Saturday, November 14, 2020

Holy Night Card with Juliana

Hello Sunny Studio friends! It's Juliana and happy to be here with you today as a guest on the Sunny Studio Blog. Today I'm sharing a Christmas card I created using the Holy Night Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holy Night Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Woodland Borders Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels

To get started, I stamped and colored all of the images I wanted to use from the Holy Night Stamp Set using Copic Markers. I then die cut them using the coordinating die set.

For the background behind the nativity scene, I ink blended a piece of white cardstock using Distress Ink in Blueprint Sketch going darker toward the edges and lighter toward the center. Next, I die cut another piece of white cardstock using the largest of the Stitched Semi-Circle Dies. I layered this on top of the ink blended background and then began laying out the images to create the scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holy Night Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Woodland Borders Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels

At this point, I felt like the design needed a little more interest, so I die cut some trees from black cardstock using the Woodland Border Dies. Then I die cut a piece of white cardstock using the grass die from the Comic Strip Everyday Dies and colored it with Copic Markers to look like straw. I adhered this behind the creche and then began layering the stamped images to complete the Nativity scene.

For the final step I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of white cardstock and tucked it behind the animals.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed this bit of inspiration using the  Holy Night Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Comic Strip Everyday Dies
Comic Strip Everyday Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodland Borders Dies
Woodland Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holy Night Stamps
Holy Night Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holy Night Dies
Holy Night Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment