Monday, November 9, 2020

Holy Night Cards with Ashley and Mayra

Hi friends! It's Ashley with a different twist on the Holy Night set to share with you all. This set is perfect for religious Christmas cards, but I wanted to show you how you could use it to make non-religious cards too. I used several images from Holy Night along with images from a few fall sets to create a cute Thanksgiving scene!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holy Night Bountiful Autumn Thanksgiving Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by cutting a scalloped square from white cardstock, then blended a bit of light blue and light brown inks onto it for a background. I added the square to a white card base. I created a sentiment for Thanksgiving by combining phrases from Happy Harvest and Happy Thoughts and stamped it in black under the square.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holy Night Bountiful Autumn Thanksgiving Card by Ashley Ebben

I stamped my images from Holy Night along with a few fall images from Harvest Mice and Bountiful Autumn in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink on white cardstock. I colored everything with Copic markers, then cut them out with the matching dies. I arranged everything on my card front, creating a fall stable scene. With the right colors and some pumpkins and corn stalks, I think the Holy Night animals and manger transfer quite well to Thanksgiving!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello and happy Monday everyone!! Mayra here with you today. I created a card using the beautiful Holy Night stamp set. This is such a wonderful set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holy Night Slimline Dies Inside Greetings Christmas Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I began by coloring all of my images using Copic markers. I will have them listed below. I then used the large stitched rectangle from the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil die set to die cut a panel for my card. I die cut it from Bristol Smooth cardstock. I also die cut the grassy hill from the Slimline Nature Borders die set. 

Copic colors used - Camel and tan areas: E41, E31, E55, E35; Donkey: W5, W3, W1; Soft cream/white areas: E40, E41; Darker brown areas: E44, E43, E47; Skin: E50, E51, E21, E23; Blue areas: B21, B93, B24

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holy Night Slimline Dies Inside Greetings Christmas Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I then added color to the background of my panel by using Distress Oxide Inks. I used Blueprint Sketch, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, and Tumbled Glass. I also added a bit of Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress Inks along the top edge to darken the sky a bit. I then used a sunburst stencil to add soft white beams of light to the background. Next, I added color to the grassy hill. I used Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks. 

I then heat embossed the sentiment from the lovely Inside Greetings-Christmas stamp set onto a strip of vellum. This was such a fun card to create. Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by. I pray you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Happy Harvest Stamps
Happy Harvest Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bountiful Autumn Stamps
Bountiful Autumn Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bountiful Autumn Dies
Bountiful Autumn Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Stamps
Harvest Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Dies
Harvest Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holy Night Stamps
Holy Night Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holy Night Dies
Holy Night Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings-Christmas
Inside Greetings-Christmas
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment