Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Surfing Santa Cards and Video Tutorial with Ana and Christy

Hey friends! Ana here today with a super fun holiday card showcasing Surfing Santa stamps and coordinating dies. Oh my goodness, isn’t this the cutest Santa ever!!! I was so excited when I saw this adorable set, I had an idea for a card right away!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Slimline Dies Tropical Themed Christmas Card by Ana Anderson

I thought the waves paper from Summer Splash paper pack would make an awesome ocean for him to surf on, so I die cut it diagonally with the wave border die from Slimline Nature Borders dies set.

For the sunset background I inked Wild Honey distress ink directly on the card base, then with light brown ink, stamped the sentiment and palm trees (from Surfing Santa set) diagonally to follow the waves in the background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Slimline Dies Tropical Themed Christmas Card by Ana Anderson

I stamped the Santa, surfboard and the water droplets with back ink, colored them with Copic markers then cut them with coordinating dies. I adhered the waves to the bottom of the panel, then added the images with foam tape. I finished the card by adding some white lines to the patterned paper with a gel pen!

I just love how summery and cute this card turned out! I hope you have fun making fun cards with this adorable set.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey friends, Christy here with a card using our super cute mini stamp set Surfing Santa. I combined him with images from Tropical ScenesNorth Pole, and Fabulous Flamingos, and colored them all with Copic markers, then trimmed them out with the coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Slimline Dies Tropical Scenes North Pole Tropical Themed Christmas Card by Christy Reuling

For my background, I cut down three different shades of blue cardstock with the Slimline Nature Borders wave die, and adhered them to a pale aqua card base. I glued the darkest blue straight to the panel and popped the other two up with foam tape. Then I added my images so that Santa could have a rest and a treat after he gets done surfing the waves, which is how he likes to spend Christmas Day, after he gets done with his rounds, didn't you know? And if there's anyone who might get overlooked in the gift-receiving department, it's Santa himself, so Mrs. Claus even tucked a little present into his bag for him to open later.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Slimline Dies Tropical Scenes North Pole Tropical Themed Christmas Card by Christy Reuling

I finished off the card with a sentiment stamped in red ink on the same color cardstock as the base. I also added a Fluffy Cloud into the sky, and a bit of Stickles because Santa brings the magic wherever he goes. 

If you'd like to see how this card came together, please check out the video tutorial below:


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fluffy Clouds Dies
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
North Pole Stamps
North Pole Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
North Pole Dies
North Pole Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Surfing Santa Stamps
Surfing Santa Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Surfing Santa Dies
Surfing Santa Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment