Monday, November 30, 2020

Retro Ornaments Cards with Ashley and Mayra

Hello friends! It's Ashley with a new Christmas card featuring the layering set Retro Ornaments! I couldn't resist trying them out with some bright, less traditional colors! I combined them with the Christmas Garland Frame from last year and am loving the result!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Retro Ornaments Christmas Garland Frame Christmas Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by stamping the ornaments from Retro Ornaments in a variety of colors using Pinkfresh Studio inks. I love that these inks are in the Sunny Studio shop! They come in four color sets that make layered stamping a breeze! I used a Quickie Glue pen to emboss some silver glitter details on each ornament, then cut them out with the matching dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Retro Ornaments Christmas Garland Frame Christmas Card by Ashley Ebben

I blended some light blue inks from Pinkfresh Studio onto white cardstock and splattered it with a bit of silver watercolor, making it heavy on the blue area. I stamped the ornament strings in gray, then added a white Christmas Garland Frame. I added the ornaments to the card with foam tape for a bit of dimension. For my sentiment, I die cut the "Merry Christmas" from Christmas Garland Frame once from silver glitter cardstock and twice from white cardstock. I glued the layers together then added it to my card. I finished with a few White Pearls and some blues from Rainbow Pearls for a little extra something.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, Mayra here with you today. Can you believe it is the last day of November?! Have you been working on your Christmas cards? I have been, and I am enjoying the different designs. I will have a variety to choose from when giving them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Retro Ornaments Classy Christmas Christmas Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

For my card today, I used the lovely Retro Ornaments stamp set, along with the beautiful Classy Christmas and Season's Greetings stamps. I began by stamping the ornaments I would be using from the set onto plain white cardstock using Ranger Archival Ink in Carnation Red. After allowing the ink to dry I heat embossed the ornament holder using silver embossing powder. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Retro Ornaments Classy Christmas Christmas Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I decided to add a bit more dimension to each of the ornaments by going over the inked areas with Copic markers. I used R59, R46, R17, and R05. I also used Copic markers to color in the images from the Classy Christmas set. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Season's Greetings stamp set using black ink. I then assembled my card. I used the Slimline Scalloped Frame dies set for the base of my card.  

I hope you enjoy the card I created to share with you. Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by. I hope you each have a blessed and wonderful day. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Season's Greetings Stamps
Season's Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Garland Frame
Christmas Garland Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classy Christmas Stamps
Classy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classy Christmas Dies
Classy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Retro Ornaments Dies
Retro Ornaments Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment