Monday, November 2, 2020

Classy Christmas Cards with Ashley and Mayra

Hi friends! It's Ashley today with an elegant Christmas card featuring the new Classy Christmas set! This set is one of my favorites to color lately. I've used watercolor with it before, but for today, I decided to try it with my trusty Copic markers. I think the results are, well, classy! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Classy Christmas Frilly Frame Dies Greeting Word Die Christmas Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by stamping several images from Classy Christmas in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink on white cardstock and coloring them with Copic markers. I cut them out with the matching die set, then splattered each piece with a bit of watered down gold acrylic paint. 

For the background, I blended several shades from the Pinkfresh Studio Starry Night cube set onto light blue cardstock to make an ombre piece. I die cut it with the frame from Frilly Frames Retro Petals to add the stitching, then splattered it with gold acrylic paint too. Once it was dry, I added it to a piece of dark brown woodgrain patterned paper from the Amazing Argyle pack.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Classy Christmas Frilly Frame Dies Greeting Word Die Christmas Card by Ashley Ebben

I arranged the images on my background, popping the front flower up with foam tape for dimension. I stamped the word "Christmas" from the North Pole set in VersaMark ink on black cardstock and embossed with white before adding the strip to the card. I created the dimensional word by cutting the Greetings word die twice from scrap white cardstock and once from gold metallic cardstock and gluing the layers together. To finish, I added a few clear gems around the card for a bit of subtle sparkle.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello and happy Monday everyone!! Mayra here with you today. I have a super fun Christmas shaker card to share with you. I used the beautiful Classy Christmas stamp set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Classy Christmas Frilly Frame Dies Stitched Oval Dies Retro Ornaments Christmas Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I began by using the lovely Frilly Frames Quatrefoil dies to die cut the base for my card using a soft blue colored cardstock. I love the traditional Christmas colors... but as you can tell from a couple of my recent color combinations, I also enjoy using non-traditional color combinations as well. I set the die-cut layers aside and then colored the beautiful poinsettias from the Classy Christmas stamp set. I went with a no-line coloring look. You can achieve this look by using any light tan, or even gray-colored ink for your images. 

I used Copic markers to color all of the images. For the red areas, I used R22, E59, R46, R17, and R05. For the green areas, I used YG63, YG99, G99, and G94. For the brown areas, I used E42, E43, E49, E47, and E44. I then used the Stitched Ovals Dies set to die cut a white oval for the center of my card. Next, I stamped the sentiment onto the oval using black ink and the sentiment from the Retro Ornaments stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Classy Christmas Frilly Frame Dies Stitched Oval Dies Retro Ornaments Christmas Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I then adhered my card together and added the little bits to make it into a shaker card. I had lots of fun coloring and creating this card. I hope you enjoy it and feel inspired to create. Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by. I pray you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Amazing Argyle 6x6 Paper
Amazing Argyle 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Greetings Word Die
Greetings Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classy Christmas Stamps
Classy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classy Christmas Dies
Classy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
North Pole Stamps
North Pole Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful cards. Thanks for including the Copics used.

    ReplyDelete