Thursday, November 5, 2020

Penguin Pals Cards with Vanessa and Anja

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a fun winter birthday card using the adorable Penguin Pals set. I have to admit, this is my favorite set of this release!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Slimline Dies Winter Themed Birthday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

I started with a white square card base and inked the front with Distress Oxide Inks. To create the waves, I had die-cut the border from Slimline Nature Borders Dies from a scrap of paper and used this as a stencil, inking the front from bottom to top with these inks: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Victorian Velvet and Chipped Sapphire. Then I added snow with a white gel pen along those waves. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Slimline Dies Winter Themed Birthday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

Now I stamped the penguins onto white cardstock, colored them with Copics, die-cut the images with the matching dies and adhered them to the card with foam tape. Finally, I stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment onto a strip of purple cardstock, trimmed it and adhered it to the card.

These cute guys always bring a smile to my face, I hope you like them, too! Thanks for stopping by today!

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, Anja here and today I'm sharing a fun winter card made with the adorable Penguin Pals Stamps. Not only can these cuties be used for playful holiday cards but also for birthdays.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Slimline Dies Winter Scenes North Pole Winter Themed Birthday Card by Anja Bytyqi

I decided to create a 5"x5" square card and did an ink blended background with Distress Oxides. The ink colors I used are Dried Marigold, Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserves and Black Soot. I let it dry completely and added lots of white paint splatters with a brush.

Next, I die cut two snow hills using the stitched border dies from the Slimline Nature Borders Dies set. I trimmed them down, inked the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink and layered them on top of each other.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Slimline Dies Winter Scenes North Pole Winter Themed Birthday Card by Anja Bytyqi

To decorate my scene, I picked a fir tree and igloo (Winter Scene) as well as some gifts (North Pole and Gleeful Reindeer). I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut everything out.

The sentiment was stamped in VersaMark Ink onto a banner and I heat embossed it with white embossing powder. All the images were adhered with liquid adhesive. I finished off the card with an enamel heart that I put between the two bottom penguins.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Enjoy your day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Gleeful Reindeer Dies
Gleeful Reindeer Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gleeful Reindeer Stamps
Gleeful Reindeer Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
North Pole Stamps
North Pole Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
North Pole Dies
North Pole Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Stamps
Penguin Pals Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Dies
Penguin Pals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Stamps
Winter Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Dies
Winter Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment