Friday, November 20, 2020

Penguin Pals Cards with Rachel and Candice

Hello friends! It's Rachel here with a Christmas card featuring the adorable Penguin Pals Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Themed Christmas Card by Rachel Alvarado

To start my card, I first used some Gina K. Designs Masking Magic Sheets to stamp a one-layered wintry scene. I then masked off an area for my snow and then blended my top section with Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, and Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Inks. I splattered this section with some diluted Opaque White Paint as well as some diluted blue watercolor paint to resemble a snowy sky.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Themed Christmas Card by Rachel Alvarado

I then removed my masking pieces and set my card aside to dry. Once completely dry, I then used Copic Markers to color everything. Copic Color Combos: Snow: B0000, B000, B00, B02; Penguins: W00, W0, W2, W4, W5, W7; Reds: R14, R46, R89. Lastly, I stamped my sentiment onto the bottom portion of my card with black ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Wishing you all a safe and relaxing weekend!

---------------------------------------------------

Hi! Candice here with you today! I have a sweet little Christmas scene with these adorable penguins!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Scenic Route Stitched Semi-Circle Winter Themed Christmas Card by Candice Fisher

I used these Sunny Studio products for my winter scene:

I began my slimline with an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 card base. For the the background, I first die cut the stitched circles near the top of the front panel and stamped with a variety of snowflakes in light grey ink. I then die cut 2 of the snow hills, stamped my sentiment on the bottom of the top one and glued them to the frame.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Scenic Route Stitched Semi-Circle Winter Themed Christmas Card by Candice Fisher

Next, I stamped the tree linetreeslights and penguins, colored them all with Copic markers and then used the coordinating dies listed above to cut them out. To put the card together, I glued the tree lines onto the front of the card base lining them up with the frame panel. Then I put a layer of vellum over it to soften the look and adhered the frame with foam tape. The lights I tucked behind with thin strips of foam tape to help them pop as well. Lastly, I added the trees and the penguins on the snow hills and put a few pearls around the sentiment!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Stamps
Penguin Pals Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Dies
Penguin Pals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Stamps
Winter Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Dies
Winter Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment