Friday, October 9, 2020

Winter Scenes Cards with Rachel and Candice

Hello friends! It's Rachel here with a fun Christmas card featuring the new Winter Scenes Stamp Set combined with the new Penguin Pals Stamp. I created a single-layer wintry scene using some masking. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Winter Scenes Penguin Pals Christmas Card by Rachel Alvarado

To start, I trimmed a piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock to 3.5" x 8.5" and stamped all of my images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used some Gina K. Designs Magic Masking paper and masked everything so that I could blend my background with a combo of Distress Inks. I blended Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon, and Blueprint Sketch to create my sky and splattered it with some diluted Opaque White Paint to resemble snow.

Copic Color Combos Used: Snow: B0000, B000, B01 Tree: G43, G28 Teals: G000, BG11, BG13, B49 Purples: V01, V04, V17 Browns: E42, E43 Orange: Y35, YR07, YR18

Sunny Studio Stamps: Winter Scenes Penguin Pals Christmas Card by Rachel Alvarado

I then removed my masking paper and colored all of my images with Copic Markers. Once finished I trimmed my piece once again so that it was now 3.25" x 8.25". I adhered it to a 3.5" x 8.5" card base, stamped my sentiment, and used a white gel pen to add some "snow" to my penguins.

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by! Wishing you all a safe and happy weekend!

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi! It's Candice with you this Friday sharing a wonderful Christmas themed card!


Sunny Studio Stamps: Winter Scenes Holy Night Slimline Dies Scenic Route Christmas Card by Candice Fisher
 

For my Christmas card I used these Sunny Studio products:

I began with an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 slimline card base. For my background, I first die cut the scalloped frame from Bristol Smooth and inked with chipped sapphire, peacock feathers and evergreen bough. I heat embossed the North Star in gold and splattered the frame with gold and white using a damp paint brush.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Winter Scenes Holy Night Slimline Dies Scenic Route Christmas Card by Candice Fisher
 

Next, I created my extended hillside by first stamping the full village hillside on copic friendly paper and then stamped the tree hillside at the end of the first one and connected with a black pen. I then cut the tree side with scissors and the rest with the coordinating dies. I heat embossed the sentiment along the bottom in gold and then colored all the images with copic markers.


To put the card together, I glued the village background to the sky panel, used foam tape on the 3 wise men and finished with a few pearls!


Thank you so much!


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holy Night Stamps
Holy Night Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holy Night Dies
Holy Night Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings-Christmas
Inside Greetings-Christmas
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Stamps
Penguin Pals Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Dies
Penguin Pals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Stamps
Winter Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Dies
Winter Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment