Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Retro Ornaments Cards with Ana and Christy

Hi crafties and welcome back! It’s Ana with a rustic Christmas card showcasing Retro Ornaments stamps and coordinating dies. I really wanted to create a vintage Christmas card using these gorgeous ornaments so I opted for rustic/vintage colors and design.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Retro Ornaments Fancy Frames Christmas Cards by Ana Anderson

I started with stamping the ornaments in pink and blue colors, specifically choosing lighter shades so they would really stand out on the dark, woodgrain background. Once I was done stamping, I cut them with coordinating dies.

On a piece of woodgrain paper, I white heat embossed hanging strings and the sentiment, then added white splatter to mimic snowfall. I adhered the ornaments directly to the background then added a stitched scalloped frame (Fancy Frames Rectangles dies) which I backed with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Retro Ornaments Fancy Frames Christmas Cards by Ana Anderson

I just love how this card turned out! I can’t wait to play with different color combinations and create a completely different look! Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope you got inspired and love this card as much as I do!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends, it's Christy here with a holiday card using Retro Ornaments. I started by stamping three of the ornaments' first layer in red, hot pink, and turquoise inks. Then I stamped the second layer in Versamark ink and coated them with Silver Pearl embossing powder. I added the tops using Liquid Platinum embossing powder and trimmed them out with the matching dies.

Then on a separate sheet of white cardstock, I stamped the fir branches from Classy Christmas in two shades of green, and heat embossed a few more with the Silver Pearl powder. I stamped the ornament strings in the Versamark as well, along with a sentiment from Inside Greetings - Holiday and heat embossed with the Liquid Platinum. This card has so much shine when you tip it in the light!

I trimmed down the right side of the panel with one of the Slimline Basic Borders and adhered it to a red card base. Then I popped up the ornaments with some foam tape.

If you'd like to see how this card came together, you can find the video tutorial on my YouTube channel, Christy Gets Crafty.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Basic Borders
Slimline Basic Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classy Christmas Stamps
Classy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classy Christmas Dies
Classy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Retro Ornaments Dies
Retro Ornaments Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment