Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Watercolored Thank You Teacher card with Audrey

Hi there!  Audrey here with you today to share a card using the new School Time stamp set!  I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I started off my card by creating a watercolor background using several colors of distress inks.  I wanted to create a backdrop for my focal point, and I kept the size of the notebook paper image in mind when painting, so that color was just peeking out from behind the image.  

I stamped the notebook page, crayons, apple and ruler, all from the School Time stamp set, and colored them with copic markers.  To add some interest, I adhered the ruler at an angle near the bottom third of the card front, and added a strip of bright patterned paper below the ruler.  I popped the crayons and apple up on foam tape for some added dimension, and then popped the entire watercolored panel up on a white card base using foam tape.

School Time

You can see here how much added texture the watercolor paper gives to the card, and a few accents to the crayons and apple with a white gel pen really bring them to life.  For even more texture and interest, I added a scattering of tiny wood stars, but there are also a few star images in the stamp set too!

Thank You Teacher


That's all for me today!  I hope that you enjoyed my card using the School Time stamp set!  Be sure to stop back tomorrow for more inspiration from the design team! :)


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card! I love the watercolored background peeking out from behind the focal point ... super cute!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, beautiful colors on this awesome, richly done, fabulous card!! I am in love with this Stamp set and I applaud this and all the other amazing creations I have seen - such creative ladies!!

    ReplyDelete