Monday, October 26, 2015

Snow Kissed Penguin Winter Birthday Card with Melissa

Hi everyone Melissa here. Today I have a card to share with you using the Birthday Smiles stamp set and the Fishtail Banner dies. I think the Birthday smiles set is so versatile and fun, I especially love the balloons and the ice-cream (I will have to be sure to use that in a future card!). 



To create this card I first marked out a rectangle on a piece of card, this would be the area for my scene. I die-cut a piece of masking paper and laid it where I wanted the snowy hill to be. I then stamped the little hearts and dots from the Birthday Smiles set onto the background with Versamark ink also adding some smaller dots with the Versamarker. I added white embossing powder and heat embossed those onto the background. 

After I had done that I added the inky sky. I did this by blending Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire and a Black Soot Distress Inks. I then stamped the balloon and the little penguin from Snow Kissed onto some white card, colored them with Copic markers and fussy cut them. I stuck the balloon and the penguin onto the card and added a string to have the penguin holding the balloon. 



I stuck the background panel onto a card with some patterned paper and then laid over top a piece of card with a rectangle die cut out of the middle.  I like creating scenes this way because I think it adds some dimension to the card. To finish it off I cut a strip of white card and die cut both ends using one of the fishtail banner dies. I then added the sentiment in silver embossing power. 

That finishes up the card for today. I hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:



4 comments:

  1. I absolueyl adore the fun background and super cute penguin!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Migdalia! Your comments always brighten my day! :)

      Delete
  2. Amazingly cute and well done card - the coloring is so top notch!!! Love seeing these awesome stamps being used by talented designers like you!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa I absolutely love this card... I really love your night sky... super!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete