Hello, and welcome to the first day of our Holiday Sneak Peek Week! All this week, I will be sharing cards showcasing our newest collection, which will be available for purchase this Friday!
Card No. 1: This week we are celebrating our company's 11th birthday, so it only seems fitting to kick off our sneak peek week with a fun birthday card featuring our new Pathway Home Stamps. This 6x6 set showcases a cute house with a path, trees, and a picket fence, but it includes so many extra images, including a raccoon, two adorable squirrels, and a number of supporting images to personalize your scenes. I've been itching to have a new 6x6 scene that works for more seasons, and I've really enjoyed using this set!
To set the birthday party scene, I added the balloons from the Floating By Stamps and the banners from the Balloon Rides Stamps. I then added the foxes from the Foxy Friends Stamps, dressed them up in rainbow party hats, and added the present from that same set. Lastly, I added a birthday greeting by heat-embossing the phrase from the Inside Greetings Birthday Stamps onto a pennant strip from the Notebook Photo Corner Dies, cut from paper found in our Classic Gingham Paper pack.

Card No. 2: My next card using the Pathway Home Stamps relies heavily on all the elements found in the new set, adding the apples, leaves, and birdhouse to the trees and stacking additional apples in the wagon for the raccoon to pull. The only additional images I added are the clouds from the Balloon Rides Stamps and a sentiment from our Punny Apple Greetings Stamps. I love how this card turned out and how this set works well for not only square cards, but trimmed down for both portrait- and landscape-oriented cards. If you like 5x7 cards, it was also designed to be used in portrait orientation for that format.
Card No. 3: Next up, a Halloween night scene using the Pathway Home Stamps. It was fun changing the mood and adding glowing light to the windows of the cottage and adding the two small pumpkins to the background. In the foreground, I once again added the banners from the Balloon Rides Stamps, this time coloring them in festive Halloween colors. To help my die-cut elements not stand out like a sore thumb with their stark white edges against my dark sky background, I chose to color around their edges with coordinating Copic markers to make them blend in better. It took a little extra effort, but it made such a huge difference in the final look of my card. For my focal point, I added two dogs from the Happy Howl-o-ween Stamps and stamped a punny greeting from the set onto a speech bubble from the Comic Strip Speech Bubbles Dies.
Card No. 4: Up next is another card primarily focusing on the elements from the new Pathway Home Stamps to personalize the scene of my fall card. This time I added the oak leaf to my two largest trees and filled my wagon with maple leaves (presumably gathered from the smaller trees in the distance) with some acorns tucked in for good measure. I added the squirrels from the set and love that the rocks in front of the fence provide a prop for critters to stand on and allow for varying heights in the scene. I also added three of the birds from the Foxy Friends Stamps, propping them up on the fence post and rocks as well. I completed my card by adding a "happy fall" greeting from the Woodsy Autumn Stamps that was stamped onto a shortened pennant strip from the Notebook Photo Corner Dies.
For this particular card, I used the extra white space around the house scene to stamp extra images for my card, so I fussy cut around the rocks and path with my scissors. This gives you an alternative to coloring the path with markers or masking off the other elements to color the large path with distress inks like I did for my first three cards. In this case, I added a simple straight mask at the horizon and took turns inking my sky and path directly onto my card base before adding the scene over the top.
Card No. 5: My last two cards today use smaller parts of the scene from the Pathway Home Stamps to be framed in the background. Since I knew from the start I wanted to frame just part of the scene, I was able to trace around the window created with our Stitched Oval 2 Dies cut from the blue checked print from our Critter Country Paper pack to pencil off the parts of the scene that would be showing in my finished card. That allowed me to really speed up my coloring process. I then topped my scene with the Fancy Frame Oval Dies, topped with a greeting from the Build-a-Greeting Holidays Stamps that had been heat-embossed on the Brilliant Banner 2 Dies, die-cut from the orange polka-dot pattern from the same Critter Country pack. Lastly, I added the girl and boy with the wagon from our Fall Kiddos Stamps, surrounded by the pumpkins from the new Pathway Home Stamps.
Card No. 6: I know this is a bit out-of-season, but I couldn't resist sharing how well the scene from our new
Pathway Home Stamps works for cards nine months out of the year, with the trees colored as blossoming cherry blossom trees. It truly is a flexible set that can be used year 'round! For this card, I framed the scene by layering it with a pink heart print from the
Flirty Flowers Paper pack that had been die-cut using the
Rounded Rectangle Window Dies. For my focal point, I added the panda bears with the mailbox and letters from our
Bighearted Bears Stamps and added the "sending you love" sentiment from the
Build-a-Greeting Holidays Stamps.
That wraps up today's sneak peek. I'm so happy you joined me today! I'd love to give a $40 gift code to one lucky winner, who will be randomly selected from comments on this blog post and on our Facebook and Instagram posts. Our daily contests will run through Saturday, August 29th, at Midnight PST, with winners announced here on our blog on Sunday, August 30th.
Here's a closer look at our new 6x6 Pathway Home Stamps and Pathway Home Dies, which are now available for purchase.
Other Supplies Used:
These are superb! I like card #2 with the raccoon the best.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great set with so many possibilties for all seasons.
ReplyDeleteYour new release collection is adorable. The Halloween one and the friends one are my favorite. It is too cute having the animals dressed up in costumes. And using the little red wagon, for the different occasions is a great idea, the apples for friends, and leaves for fall. Great job!
ReplyDelete