Hello Crafty Friends! It's Hanh here with you today and I have a fun cupcake-shaped birthday card to share showcasing the Cupcake Shape Dies, Hayley Uppercase Alphabet Dies, Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies and Birthday Mouse sets. There’s something about shaped cards that always catches my eyes. They are just so unique and extra special. And who doesn’t love a cupcake, right? Full confession: I have a soft spot for alphabet dies. I collect them whenever I can. These Hayley Alphabet Dies are just perfect for creating your own sentiments or personalizing a card. So let’s get started.
I used the Cupcake Shape Dies to die cut a cupcake, a cherry, two
candles and two cupcake shadow dies out of Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock.
Next, I stamped the mouse image from the Birthday Mouse Stamps set onto a piece of Neenah Solar
White 110 lb cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used the
coordinating Birthday Mouse Dies to die cut it out. I colored with
Copic markers and highlighted with a white gel pen.
COPIC COLORS:
Frosting:
RV000/00/10/21
Cupcake: E51/53/55
Cupcake Liner:
RV21/13/14/25/29
Candles: B000/00/02,
YG01/03/25, Y11/08 R14
Cherry:
R20/14/24/27/29, YG03/25
Mouse: E51/53/33/35,
R000/00/20, R20, W7
Tricycle: RV10/21/13,
W7
Balloons: B000/00/02,
RV000/00/10/21/13/14, YG00/01/03/25
Happy Cupcake Day!
For the sentiment, I used the Hayley Uppercase Alphabet Dies and Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies to die cut the
necessary letters. I adhered them to the frosting of the cupcake with liquid
adhesive. I stamped the “Happy” and “Day” sentiments from the Panda Party Stamps set directly onto the frosting of
the cupcake with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
For the card base, I
took one of the two cupcake shadow die cuts and used my score board to score a
horizontal line at the 0.75” mark from the tip of the frosting. I added some
strong double-sided tape to the frosting tip and adhered the two cupcake shadow
die cuts to each other to create a top folding card with a hinge at the
frosting.
I adhered the colored cupcake, candles and cherry onto the front of the card base with liquid glue. I added the little mouse to the front of the cupcake with foam tape for a bit of dimension and interest.
I love the fun shape of this card and how well it was designed to maximize the card size but still fit perfectly into an A2 sized envelope for easy mailing.
I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card. For more info and ideas, be sure to visit the Sunny Studio Stamps Shop. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.
Have a wonderful and crafty day!
Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
![]() Cupcake Shape Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Panda Party Stamps Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Hayley Uppercase Alphabet Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Birthday Mouse Stamps Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Birthday Mouse Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
















No comments:
Post a Comment