Hello everyone! Leanne here and I'm very happy to be here to share a couple of bee theme cards I have made using the absolutely adorable Sweet As Can Bee stamp set and matching dies. I've also done a little creative fussy cutting to make a custom bee hive. I'll explain how to do this in detail below.
This first card includes lots of images and a sentiment from the Sweet As Can Bee stamp set as well as my custom-made bee hive.
Making your own card stock bee hive is very
easy to do. Start with creating a template by folding a small sheet of copy
paper in half. Next draw the bee hive shape on the folded paper like you see in
the photo below. If you'd like to make the same size as mine, use the
measurements in the photo. Next cut the shape out and unfold the paper.
Now you have a template for a perfectly symmetrical hive which you can trace
onto card stock and fussy cut out. I cut mine out of pale yellow card stock. I
then added shading and splatters to give the hive some definition
and interest. Lastly, I used a 3/4" paper punch to create the opening
and backed it with a dark brown card stock.
After my bee hive was complete, I stamped the
sentiment and then adhered it with foam tape to a panel vellum
cut slightly smaller than A2 size. I embellished this panel with lots
of Copic colored flowers and bees. Once I had the placement of everything just
right, I adhered my little bee hive scene onto a pink A2 size card front. The
pink card front was splattered beforehand with gold and pink watercolor to give
it a speckled look.
For the second card, I have created another
playful scene with the bees and flowers, only this time I used the Frilly
Frames Hexagon Dies to
create a background that perfectly pairs with the Sweet
As Can Bee stamp set.
The Hexagon Frame has been die cut from light
yellow card stock and then backed with a creamy ivory card stock. I then
layered this frame over top a bright pink panel slightly smaller than my A2
size card base.
I wanted the sentiment to take center stage on
the card with the bees and flowers surrounding it. I used a combination of
word stamps from Sweet
As Can Bee and
the Sydney
Alphabet Dies to
create this fun sentiment. I then added the flowers and bees to create the
carefree style composition.
I hope I have given you a bit of new
inspiration for making whimsical bee theme cards. Thanks so much for joining me
today! Copics used to color the images are listed below.
bright pink - RV10, RV13, RV14; medium pink - R83, R85; bright green - YG11, YG13, YG17; medium green - YG61, YG63; bright yellow- Y11, Y13, Y17; mustard yellow - YR32, Y2; black- N2, N4, N6; cool shading on white flowers -C1, C3; light blue shading on bee wings - B00
Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
![]() Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Sydney Alphabet Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Sweet As Can Bee Stamps Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Sweet As Can Bee Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |














No comments:
Post a Comment