Friday, July 24, 2026

Botanical Backdrop Die Focused Card with Janneke

Hello crafty friends, Janneke here. Today I’m sharing a shaker card featuring the Botanical Backdrop die.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Botanical Backdrop Die Focused Card by Janneke Peters (featuring Passionate Penguins, Snail Mail)

I started by die cutting the Botanical Backdrop several times: one in pink cardstock, one in green cardstock, and five layers in white cardstock. I added some extra depth to the pink and green layers by blending a little bit of ink onto the tips of the leaves.

To create the shaker window, I glued the five white die cuts together to build up enough height for the shaker filling. Underneath this layer, I added the green leaves by cutting them loose from the backdrop frame and placing them under the white layers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Botanical Backdrop Die Focused Card by Janneke Peters (featuring Passionate Penguins, Snail Mail)

For the background of the shaker, I used a light pink cardstock panel and blended the edges with pink ink to create a soft background. I stamped the sentiment from the Snail Mail stamp set in the same pink ink, so everything matched perfectly.

Then I attached the white and green layered backdrop onto the background, added the shaker filling, sealed it with acetate. anI placed the pink Botanical Backdrop layer on top.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Botanical Backdrop Die Focused Card by Janneke Peters (featuring Passionate Penguins, Snail Mail)

Next, I stamped the adorable penguins from the Passionate Penguins stamp set, together with the mailbox, envelopes, and little snail from the Snail Mail stamp set. I colored all the images with my Ohuhu markers and placed them on top of the pink backdrop to create this sweet little scene.

As a final touch, I added some white highlights with a gel pen and glued the shaker panel onto a white cardstock base.

Card done, ready to send joy! Thanks for joining me, and see you next week.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Botanical Backdrop Die
Botanical Backdrop Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snail Mail Stamps
Snail Mail Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snail Mail Dies
Snail Mail Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Dies
Passionate Penguins Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment