Friday, May 17, 2024

Mermaid Kisses Card with Nicky

Happy Friday everyone! This is Nicky with you today on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog and I have a brand new card today featuring the Mermaid Kisses Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mermaid Kisses Birthday Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Scalloped Square Dies)

I started by creating the main feature panel. I die cut a sturdy white panel of cardstock using the Scalloped Square 2 Large Dies. I masked off the panel just inside the faux stitching and ink blended using Scattered Straw Distress Oxide Ink for the sandy sea floor and for the water I used 'Lagoon' by The Stamp Market. I added some Perfect Pearls to a couple of drops of water and then splashed the blended background with the solution before carefully removing the mask.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mermaid Kisses Birthday Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Scalloped Square Dies)

I stamped the images using Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black and I coloured using the following Copic marker combinations:

Skin - E04, E11, E21, E00
Mermaid Tails - G19, BG15, BG23, G00
Teal Hair - BG78, BG49, BG57, BG32
Pink Hair - RV69, RV19, RV06
Orange Hair - YR09, YR04, Y38
Blushes - R22, R21, R20
Yellow - Y38, Y19, Y15, Y13
Blue - B29

I highlighted with a white gel pen and also dotted in interest on the tails with the same white pen, plus a metallic pen and Copic marker. I die cut using the coordinating Mermaid Kisses Dies and either glued directly or added main images with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mermaid Kisses Birthday Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Scalloped Square Dies)

I popped the panel in my Misti and triple stamped the sentiments for a nice bold image then I backed the decorative panel with white craft foam, added it to a teal panel and then to a 5 3/4 inch white panel. This was all glued to a card base and the final touch was the addition of a few water droplet embellishments.

I appreciate you coming to read about my card today. Have a fun and creative week ahead and I'll be back here on the blog one week from now with new inspiration.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Mermaid Kisses Stamps
Mermaid Kisses Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mermaid Kisses Dies
Mermaid Kisses Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Square 2 Large Die
Scalloped Square 2 Large Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Love this card! The scalloped frame w/ dots is amazing. The "tight" color scheme including mermaid hair the colors of other features makes it really cohesive. Great job!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete