Friday, May 31, 2024

Juicy Watermelon Card with Nicky

Hello friends, this is Nicky with you today on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog and I have a new Juicy Watermelon card to share with you featuring products from the Summer release. Please read on for all the details.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Juicy Watermelon Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Big Panda, Scalloped Square Dies)

I started by die cutting white cardstock using the Scalloped Square 2 Large Dies. I masked just inside the faux stitched line and ink blended using The Stamp Market's 'Fresh Pink' ink.  I splashed on some water and blotted it up and dotted in other interest with a pen then carefully removed the mask, backed the panel with white craft foam and applied it to a patterned panel from the Spring Sunburst 6 x 6 Cardstock. This was glued to a larger white panel then to my card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Juicy Watermelon Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Big Panda, Scalloped Square Dies)

I stamped and coloured the adorable panda from the Big Panda stamp set and coloured using the following Copic colours - T6, T5, T4, T3, C3, C1, C0, C00, R22, R21, R20, R00, R000. I die cut using the coordinating Big Panda Dies and gave her a drink to hold .... pretty sure it is some kind of watermelon concoction!!!  To colour the cocktail I used - RV04, R22, R21, R20, R00 and B0000 for the actual glass. I adhered the drink within the panda's arms using foam tape and highlighted the images with a white gel pen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Juicy Watermelon Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Big Panda, Scalloped Square Dies)

I die cut the slice of watermelon using the Juicy Watermelon Dies and ink blended using Gumdrop by The Stamp Market and Distress Oxide Ink in Festive Berries. I backed the slice with a dark grey cardstock so that the seeds showed through and glued. I then glued the watermelon slices and the panda to the card background and finished with the Hello Cutie sentiments and a few sparkling clear sequins for accents.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend with time to craft, I'll be back next Friday with something new to share.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Spring Sunburst 6x6 Paper
Spring Sunburst 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Panda Stamps
Big Panda Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Panda Dies
Big Panda Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Juicy Watermelon Dies
Juicy Watermelon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Square 2 Large Die
Scalloped Square 2 Large Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment