Friday, May 24, 2024

Designer's Choice: Strawberry Patch Card with Nicky

Happy Friday everyone! This is Nicky with you today on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog and I've got a lovely fruity card to share with you today featuring our Strawberry Patch Dies, so please read on for all the details.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Strawberry Patch & Build-A-Bowl Birthday Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Stitched Rectangle Dies, Punny Fruit Greetings)

To kick things off I created a panel using the Stitched Rectangle Die and I ink blended a focal point using 'Blush' ink by The Stamp Market. I glued this to a fractionally larger panel of green cardstock, backed this with white craft foam and glued it to an A2 white panel of cardstock then to the card base. I like to build them sturdy!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Strawberry Patch & Build-A-Bowl Birthday Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Stitched Rectangle Dies, Punny Fruit Greetings)

I created a bowl from silver cardstock using the Build-A-Bowl Dies. I also created a number of strawberries, greenery and blooms using the Strawberry Patch Dies. Once die cut, I ink blended the greenery using Gumdrop by The Stamp Market and and for the strawberries I used and little bit of Gumdrop then their Raspberry and Lipstick Red Inks. I carefully glued the strawberries behind the 'bowl' and added greenery and flowers then adhered the filled bowl to the card's background.

I die cut the 'hello' three times from the Slimline Scalloped Frame Die set. I glued two together and with the third I used the ink listed above and ink blended the word and then off-set it like a shadow behind the white ones. For the finishing touches, I added the 'happy birthday' sentiment, from our Punny Fruit Greetings, and then some Nuvo Jewel Drops in 'Rosewater' for accents.

Thank you for coming to read the blog today and I'll see you again next Friday with something new.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Punny Fruit Greetings
Punny Fruit Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Strawberry Patch Dies
Strawberry Patch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Build-A-Bowl Dies
Build-A-Bowl Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. This card is just SO pretty! Your cards always are, Nicky, but I’m really loving the fruity trend for the season and you nailed it with this one. I love your colors, as well as your coloring. I have everything to recreate this beauty so I’m going to give it my best. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete