Sunday, May 19, 2024

Designer's Choice: Big Panda Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a Hawaiian themed card featuring the adorable Big Panda Stamps!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Panda Tropical Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Hawaiian Hibiscus, Summer Greenery Dies, Chloe Alphabet Dies, Fancy Frame Dies)

I started this A2 card by cutting the hibiscus paper from the Summer Splash Paper 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” and adhering it to a white card front.

Next, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the largest of the Fancy Frames Oval Dies and inked the background center portion with Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon Distress inks. I stamped the Panda, flower and ukulele from the Big Panda Stamps on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. (I stamped 2 small flowers from the Fabulous Flamingos Stamps on the ukulele to add a fun accent). I adhered the panda to the bottom center of the oval overlapping the bottom edge and trimmed off the excess of the stamped image. I then adhered the inked oval to the center of the card front and adhered the white oval frame around it.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Panda Tropical Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Hawaiian Hibiscus, Summer Greenery Dies, Chloe Alphabet Dies, Fancy Frame Dies)

To finish, I stamped the hibiscus and leaves from the Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps using inks from my stash, die-cut them using the coordinating dies and popped them up with foam dimensional tape. I die-cut a frond from white and black cardstock using the Summer Greenery Dies, inked the white piece with Twisted Citron Distress ink and then overlapped them slightly. For my ALOHA sentiment, I die-cut the letters from white cardstock using the Chloe Alphabet Dies and inked them with Squeezed Lemonade and Dried Marigold Distress inks for a tone-on-tone effect against the background. I die-cut the letters a second time and layered them for a bit more dimension.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Ovals
Fancy Frames- Ovals
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus  Dies
Hawaiian Hibiscus Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Panda Stamps
Big Panda Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Panda Dies
Big Panda Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: