Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Treat Bag Topper Card with Tina

Hello crafters, it’s Tina and today I wanted to show you the versatility of the Treat Bag Topper die! Yes, it can be a topper, but this set has extra shapes that make it so great. I created a card and matching envelope to highlight these options. As I mentioned in previous posts, I am always looking for ways to increase my birthday card stash! A situation that many of us may be familiar with!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Treat Bag Topper Die Focused Birthday Cat Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Happy Thoughts, Frilly Frame Dies, Make A Wish)

For this design, I created a white panel with the outer border from the Frilly Frames Stripes die. I used the rectangle from the Treat Bag Topper die and tried to create three evenly spaced windows in this panel. At this point I was still going for a see through card, so I cut a piece of acetate and placed in on the back of the white piece.

In the pictures, this acetate is almost invisible, but it is the surface that I used to glue all my components in place! I changed my mind about the design because the white panel had become flimsy, after all the die cutting. I decided to glue a beautiful ocher yellow paper from Gingham Pastels to the back of the frame, making it much sturdier!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Treat Bag Topper Die Focused Birthday Cat Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Happy Thoughts, Frilly Frame Dies, Make A Wish)

If you are in for a party, make sure to invite the adorable Birthday Cats. I selected a few cuties and accessories and colored them in with my copics. The big birthday cake is from the Make A Wish stamps. The sentiment combines the ‘Happy’ word (Treat Bag Topper die) and  ‘Birthday’ (Happy Thoughts) which I stamped on the cake in Versafine Onyx Black ink.

I glued the Happy sentiment to the middle part of the card and created little ‘cats with cake’ clusters on the top and bottom of the design. A few Gold Jewels were the finishing touch!

Finally, I die cut three party hats and banners from the Treat Bag Topper die and Gingham Pastels to decorate a white envelope for this card.

Thank you for joining me and I hope you will have a fun time with these dies!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Happy Thoughts Stamps
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Make A Wish Stamps
Make A Wish Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Make A Wish Dies
Make A Wish Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Stamps
Birthday Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Dies
Birthday Cat Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Treat Bag Topper Die
Treat Bag Topper Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment