Saturday, February 10, 2024

Love Birds & Tree Branch Die Focused Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a sweet welcome baby card using the Love Birds Stamps and Tree Branch Die. Aren’t they just the most adorable couple?!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Birds & Tree Branch Die Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Fluffy Cloud Borders Dies, Inside Greetings, Little Birdie)

I started this A2 card by inking a pink cloud background on a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2” piece of white cardstock. I die-cut 3 pieces of white cardstock using the Fluffy Clouds Border Dies and used them as a stencil with Spun Sugar Distress ink. I wanted a soft background of cherry blossoms in the distance so I die-cut vellum several times using the Tree Branch Die and a flower from the Spring Garden Dies. I then lightly inked the vellum branches with Antique Linen Distress ink and the flowers with Saltwater Taffy Distress ink.

Before adhering the vellum pieces, I stamped a sentiment from the Little Birdie Stamps in brown ink. I lightly dabbed Tombow Mono liquid adhesive on the back of the vellum pieces so the adhesive wouldn’t show through and trimmed any excess from the edges of the cardstock.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Birds & Tree Branch Die Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Fluffy Cloud Borders Dies, Inside Greetings, Little Birdie)

Next, I die-cut 2 branches and flowers from white cardstock and inked them with Frayed Burlap Distress ink and Saltwater Taffy Distress ink. I also added a little shading with Copics and white gel pen details on the flowers. I stamped all images on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock in a brown ink, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I adhered the branches, flowers and images to the card front using foam dimensional tape and trimmed the excess branches from the edges.

I used the following stamps and dies:
Love Birds Stamps/Dies
Little Birdie Stamps/Dies
 (bow, nest)
Clucky Chickens Stamps/Dies (egg)
 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Birds & Tree Branch Die Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Fluffy Cloud Borders Dies, Inside Greetings, Little Birdie)

To finish, I stamped a sentiment for the inside of the card from the Inside Greetings Congrats Stamps and a baby bird from the Clucky Chickens Stamps on white cardstock and colored the baby with Copics. I then die-cut around the sentiment using a label die from the Sliding Window Dies. 

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Stamps
Little Birdie Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Dies
Little Birdie Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings Congrats
Inside Greetings Congrats
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Clucky Chickens Stamps
Clucky Chickens Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Clucky Chickens Dies
Clucky Chickens Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Birds Stamps
Love Birds Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Birds Dies
Love Birds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tree Branch Die
Tree Branch Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Garden Dies
Spring Garden Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment