Saturday, February 3, 2024

Guest Designer Spotlight: Bighearted Bears Cards with Ashlee Bellinger

Hey, Sunny Studio friends it's Ashlee and I'm super excited to be back again with another guest post here at Sunny Studio Stamps. I'm also excited because I got to create with some of the brand new release that's available celebrating Spring and Valentine's.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bighearted Bears & My Heart Cards by Ashlee Bellinger (featuring Dotted Diamond Dies, Gift Card Envelope Dies)

Here are the products I used for my first card :

Bighearted Bears Stamps / Bighearted Bears Dies

Dotted Diamond Portrait die

My Heart Stamps / My Heart Dies

To create this card I started with a dark pink card stock base. I then got a light pink card and added a touch of ink blending to it with Catherine Pooler ink before splattering it with water giving it a mottled effect. Once that was dry I die-cut it using the Dotted Diamond Portrait die before adhering it to the card base. 

Now it was time to add all the super cute elements to create a Valentine-themed card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bighearted Bears & My Heart Cards by Ashlee Bellinger (featuring Dotted Diamond Dies, Gift Card Envelope Dies)

Using the My Heart Stamps I selected one of the sentiments and heat embossed it on black card stock using WOW! Opaque bright white embossing powder before die cutting it with the coordinating My Heart Dies and adhering in place with liquid glue.

I stamped, coloured and die-cut a bunch of the Bighearted Bears images. These were all coloured using Spectrum noir tri-blend markers with added white pen highlights. Using foam tape I added varying depths of the tape to the back of all the images so I could adhere them in place and create dimension on the card with the sweet little scene! To complete the card I added a touch of pretty sequins.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bighearted Bears & My Heart Cards by Ashlee Bellinger (featuring Dotted Diamond Dies, Gift Card Envelope Dies)

Onto my second card. For this one, I used these products :

Bighearted Bears stamp / Bighearted Bears Dies

Dotted Diamond Portrait Die

My Heart Stamps / My Heart Dies

Gift Card Envelope Die

To create this one I started with a light grey card stock base, added some Catherine Pooler grey ink and then splattered with water creating the same effect for the card base as I did for my first card. Die cut also using the dotted diamond die. 

The new Gift Card Envelope Die is too cute, I couldn't resist using that to add a sweet little envelope to the centre of my card. I die-cut it from light pink card stock before folding and adhering it into place. I also wanted it to look like it had a little letter inside so I cut a piece of white card to add inside it.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bighearted Bears & My Heart Cards by Ashlee Bellinger (featuring Dotted Diamond Dies, Gift Card Envelope Dies)

I stamped, coloured and die-cut three of the Bighearted Bears before adhering them in place with foam tape on the little card. All coloured using Spectrum noir tri-blend markers with added white pen highlights!

This sentiment was also heat embossed using WOW! Opaque bright white powder on black cardstock before die-cutting with the coordinating die and adhering to the envelope with foam tape for more dimension. I love using foam tape on my cards just to make the scene pop up off the card.

And of course, to finish it all off a touch of sequins, I just can't go without adding some!

That's all for my cards today, I really hope you enjoyed them and thank you for having me as a guest here with you all at Sunny Studio Stamps. Big crafty hugs!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Dotted Diamond Portrait
Dotted Diamond Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Dies
Bighearted Bears Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
My Heart Stamps
My Heart Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
My Heart Dies
My Heart Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gift Card Envelope Die
Gift Card Envelope Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment