Friday, February 16, 2024

Beautiful Bluebells Card with Nicky

Hello everyone this is Nicky with you today on the Sunny Studio blog and I'm sharing a new card featuring the gorgeous Beautiful Bluebells stamp set which I've combined with several other Sunny products so please read on for all the details.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beautiful Bluebells & Big Bunny Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Fancy Frame Dies, Dotted Diamond Dies)

As I nearly always do, I started by creating my background. For this card I took an A2 panel of white cardstock and softly ink blended the appearance of sky and grass. I then die cut with the Dotted Diamond Portrait Die to add some interest. I applied this panel to my card base and then  I die cut white cardstock using the two largest frames from the Fancy Frames Rectangle Die and backed them with dimensional foam tape and applied it to the background.

I stamped the Big Bunny and simply coloured it using Copic markers in E31, E41, E40, W00, R22, R20, R00, R000. I die cut using the coordinating die, backed it with foam tape and applied it to the card base tucking it just inside the frame at the bottom. The hair bow was stamped and coloured with Copics B12 and B26. I backed with foam tape and applied it at the base of her ear. Points were highlighted with a white gel pen. I emphasised her eyes using a Memento pen in Rich Cocoa and gave her some flirtatious eyelashes.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beautiful Bluebells & Big Bunny Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Fancy Frame Dies, Dotted Diamond Dies)

Next I tackled the layered stamping of the Beautiful Bluebells. First, I die cut white cardstock and I used the coordinating die for the stamped image I wanted for my bouquet. I then used the following ink colours by The Stamp Market to stamp each layer - Ocean, Cobalt and Navy and the greenery was inked with Leafy. I gathered the blooms in a bunch and glued them together and tucked them under the bunny's paw and used a little foam tape under the flower heads to make the bouquet stand away from the body of the bunny.

To finish the project I stamped the sentiments with the Cobalt ink so that everything would tone nicely and I die cut the word 'greetings' using the coordinating die and then made 2 or 3 more die cuts so that I could glue them in a stack to keep up with the dimension of the rest of the card.

I hope you like my bluebell card and I will be back next Friday with something new to inspire.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dotted Diamond Portrait
Dotted Diamond Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bunny Stamps
Big Bunny Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bunny Dies
Big Bunny Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beautiful Bluebells Stamps
Beautiful Bluebells Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beautiful Bluebells Dies
Beautiful Bluebells Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Love everything: the cute bunny, the pierced cover plate, the awesome color choices -- perfect! 10/10!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! I just love that bunny!

    ReplyDelete