Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Sprawling Surfaces Card with Tina

Hello crafters, it’s Tina and today I am featuring the versatile Sprawling Surfaces stamp set which will be a staple in my stash for sure! I love that you get three different textures, so the possibilities are endless.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sprawling Surfaces Birthday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Bighearted Bears, Charming City, Stitched Arch Dies, Winter Greenery Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies)

I had been wanting to use the adorable houses from the Charming City for a while and they are the perfect match for the brick pavement. Since I incorporated several fun colors for the houses, my card base and frame needed to be more muted. To start, I created a simple white base and cut a panel with the border die from Frilly Frames Chevron and a tiled paper (Subtle Grey Tones pad). The largest Stitched Arched Die creates the perfect opening for any scene and you’ll end up with a an arched frame and an inner piece that I put aside for another project.

Next, I stamped the row of houses from Charming City and the cycling cuties from Bighearted Bears. All the coloring was done with Copic Markers, and I added some details with a white gel pen. This time I opted for a more Mediterranean vibe and houses in bright colors.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sprawling Surfaces Birthday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Bighearted Bears, Charming City, Stitched Arch Dies, Winter Greenery Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies)

For my background, I stamped the brick pavement onto a piece of white Neenah paper and used some more Copics in matching pink shades. The sky portion was ink blended with Distress Oxide Victorian Velvet.

I glued the background to my card base and added the row of houses directly above the brick pavement. Then I could mount the grey frame with foam tape. That instantly creates lots of dimension. Lastly, I placed the cute bears in front of the houses.

My sentiment (Heartfelt Wishes) was stamped in a purple die ink onto a white Brilliant Banner 2. It fitted perfectly above the row of houses. As extra embellishments I added a few white hearts (Bursting Hearts die), some leaves (Winter Greenery dies) and small flowers (Spring Garden dies).

I am sure you will create amazing projects with these great surface stamps! Thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Heartfelt Wishes Stamps
Heartfelt Wishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Greenery DIes
Winter Greenery DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bursting Heart Die
Bursting Heart Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Stamps
Charming City Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Dies
Charming City Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Brilliant Banner 2 Dies
Brilliant Banner 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Dies
Bighearted Bears Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sprawling Surfaces Stamps
Sprawling Surfaces Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Garden Dies
Spring Garden Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment