Thursday, May 19, 2022

Wonky Windows Cards with Marieke and Marine

Hello Sunny Studio Friends. Marieke here, and for today's post I decided on making a mini slimline shaker Mother’s Day card. On May the 8th in the Netherlands we celebrated Mother’s Day and this card I gave to my mom.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wonky Window Die Focused Tropical Themed Card by Marieke Slaats (featuring Fabulous Flamingos, Sending Sunshine)

On a 6 3/4 x 2 3/4 inch rectangle I ink blended Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers Distress ink. Splattered some water, Peacock Feathers and white paint onto it and cut the Wonky Window die out of it. 

Cut a white rectangle in the same size and temporarily added the outside frame onto it. Adhered the die cut parts onto the white rectangle and glued a piece of acetate behind the frame. Filled up the shaker using Crystal Clear Jewels.

Stamped the images out of the Fabulous Flamingo and Sending Sunshine stamps. Colored them up and cut them using my scissors. Die cut the word mom out of yellow cardstock and added some white gel pen details onto the letters and images.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wonky Window Die Focused Tropical Themed Card by Marieke Slaats (featuring Fabulous Flamingos, Sending Sunshine)

Used Copic Colors:
Flamingo - RV13, RV42, R01, R00 / C5,C3,C1,0 / Y13, Y11
Green - YG67, YG63, YG03, YG01
Yellow - Y17, Y15, Y13, Y11Brown - E47, E44, E43, E42

Stamped the sentiment on some white cardstock, trimmed it down to a small banner. Heat set the sentiment on some black cardstock and cut it using my scissors. Adhered all the images onto the card using foam tape. 

----------------------------------------------

Hey crafty friends, Marine here, so happy to be back on the blog with this bright and cute underwater card showcasing the new Wonky Windows die. When I saw this new die from Summer release, I immediately thought of making a shaker card with it, so here we go!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wonky Window Die Focused Tropical Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Fintastic Friends, Best Fishes)

I stamped the images first using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and then colored everything using my alcohol markers. We have underwater critters and seaweeds from Fintastic Friends and from Best Fishes, I also picked the small rocks from Savanna Safari, and the grass sprigs from Bunnyville to make more seaweeds.

Next I created my underwater panel. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" bristol panel and used four oxide inks to make it, from bottom to top: salvaged patina, peacock feathers, ribbon prize and a teeny tiny bit of black soot.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wonky Window Die Focused Tropical Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Fintastic Friends, Best Fishes)

Once my underwater panel was dry, I used the Wonky Windows die to cut six openings out of it. I taped the die on one half of the panel, and sent it to my die cutting machine. I kept the inside pieces in the same order and set them aside, and I did the same thing on the other half of the panel. I flipped the die so that the bottom windows wouldn't be the same as the ones at the top and taped the die to the paper, and I sent it to my die cutting machine to cut three more openings and this way get a 3 x 2 grid.

Next I temporarily taped my six window panel to a card base, and I attached the inside pieces on the matching window.

I removed the six window panel, and then created the shaker. I stuck a piece of clear acetate at the back of the panel, also added foam strips at the back to divide the six windows and make room for the shaker accessories, and before adding those shaker accessories, I just added powder inside the six windows, all along the edges, this way the jewels won't stick to the foam.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wonky Window Die Focused Tropical Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Fintastic Friends, Best Fishes)

I cleaned the acetate using a microfiber cloth to remove the powder excess, I added a few clear jewels on each inside piece, and I finally attached my six window panel on top of the card base to totally close and complete my underwater shaker panel. And next I stuck all my cute images using glue dots mostly, and also foam squares at some places.

The last thing I did was create the sentiment. I didn't want it to cover too much of the images, so I went with vellum. I white heat embossed the banner from 
Little Birdie, and inside that banner I also white heat embossed "You're fintastic", I used the coordinating die to cut that banner that I finally attached in the middle of the card using three tiny dots of liquid glue.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wonky Window Die Focused Tropical Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Fintastic Friends, Best Fishes)

And that's it! Super cute and super bright, love those new critters from Fintastic Friends, especially the manta, she's so gorgeous! As always I leave you with the video (click on the image above!), don't hesitate to watch it for more information about the card! Thanks for stopping by, and see you next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sending Sunshine Stamps
Sending Sunshine Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sending Sunshine Dies
Sending Sunshine Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Savanna Safari Stamps
Savanna Safari Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Savanna Safari Dies
Savanna Safari Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Stamps
Bunnyville Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Dies
Bunnyville Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Stamps
Little Birdie Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Dies
Little Birdie Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fintastic Friends Stamps
Fintastic Friends Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fintastic Friends Dies
Fintastic Friends Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wonky Windows Die
Wonky Windows Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sunny Studio, Marieke and Marine -
    Wow, your talent just blows me out of the water, ladies!! Holy smokes! I love both cards and thank you for sharing!!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete