Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Tropical Trees Backdrop Die Focused Cards with Alma and Gladys

Hello, my dears, here is Alma and today it´s my turn to show you a card and I want to fly with you to the Caribbean. Therefore I created a romantic scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Tree Backdrop Die Focused Card by Alma Maier (featuring Turtley Awesome, Tiki Time)

I stamped the images of the sets Tiki Time Stamps and Turtley Awesome Stamps, colored them with Copics and cut them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Tree Backdrop Die Focused Card by Alma Maier (featuring Turtley Awesome, Tiki Time)

After coloring I die cut the palm trees and the frame of the new set Tropical Trees Backdrop Die. Therefore I used black cardstock, so that the palm trees looks like a silhouette. The beach and background are ink blended with distress inks.

At the end I glued all together and placed the turtles in front of the Tiki bar. What a romantic starry night!

------------------------------------------

Hello there! This is Gladys with a cute card using the awesome Tropical Trees Backdrop dies. If you love to create summer theme cards, this standalone die is a must. Just check out all the projects Mendi created with it, they are soo amazing!! I love the beautiful sunset and how she used the stitched rectangle to frame her scene. I really love the versatility!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Tree Backdrop Die Focused Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Sealiously Sweet)

For my card I started by using the Tropical Trees Backdrop dies to cut from Bristol smooth cardstock. I masked off the top of the largest piece and ink blended the ocean. I used salvaged patina, peacock feathers and mermaid lagoon. For the sky I used shaded lilac and wilted violet. For the sand I used tea dye and vintage photo. To add interest, I used a fan brush to add water droplets. Then I colored the palm trees using copic markers.

Next I stamped the adorable images from an older stamp set called Sealiously Sweet and I colored them with copic markers. I used their coordinating dies to cut them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Tree Backdrop Die Focused Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Sealiously Sweet)

To assemble the card, first I glued the rectangle frame onto an A2 card base. Then I inlaid all the diecuts in place, they fit perfectly just like a puzzle. So easy! I adhered the images with double sided foam tape to give dimension. Finally I stamped the sentiment in the top center of the panel.

Thanks so much for joining me!! Big hugs and have a wonderful day!!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Turtley Awesome Dies
Turtley Awesome Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Turtley Awesome Stamps
Turtley Awesome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Stamps
Tiki Time Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Dies
Tiki Time Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Both of these are terrific! One gives a romantic evening vibe and the other is a rollicking day at the beach. Great job!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete