Monday, May 16, 2022

Country Carnival Cards with Bobbi and Catherine

Hello Sunny Studio friends friends. It’s Bobbi here with a fun carnival card using the new stamp set, Country Carnival. This set is filled with all the fun a carnival offers including a merry-go-round, Ferris wheel, big tent and more.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Bobbi Lemanski

My card measures 5″ X 7″ in size. I stamped, colored and die cut the elements from the set with the coordinating dies. I used the following Copic marker colors to color in the images:

Blues: B26, B05, B02, and B00
Reds: R89, R29, R24, R17, and R14
Yellows: Y38, Y28, Y26, Y18, Y15, and Y06
Browns: E57, E55, E43
Grays: C5, C3, C1

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Bobbi Lemanski

On the bottom half of the front panel, I added 3/4″ wide strips of blue pattern paper from the 
Dots and Stripes Jewel Tones paper pack and 80lb Neenah white cardstock. I alternated the pattern designs. I stamped the “Enjoy the ride” phrase on the upper white strip.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Bobbi Lemanski

All of the colored die cut elements were attached to the card front, with some of the smaller ones trailing down towards the phrase. I used Scrapbook Adhesive foam tabs to attach the big tent, Ferris wheel, popcorn cart and ticket office for dimension. Little bears from the set were added to the carnival scene to finish the card.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

---------------------------------------------

Hi Friends! Catherine here today sharing a fun carnival tent card created with the adorable Country Carnival set!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Slimline Dies, Balloon Rides, Icing Border Dies, Wonky Window Dies)

To start, I cut a piece of white cardstock 6.6”W x 3.3”H. I scored vertical lines measuring from 1.65” from the left and right hand side of the cardstock. The two score lines will form the two front flaps. To make room for the triangle top, I made a vertical incision 0.3” from the top of the cardstock along each of the two score lines and trimmed horizontally across each of the front flaps.

For the top of the tent, I used a ruler and drew a triangle 4.3” W x 2”H on white cardstock and I fussy cut the triangle out. I repeated this using cardstock from Heroic Halftones Paper Pack but shortened the height of the triangle to 1.8”H in order to have a border. I die cut cardstock from Striped Silly Paper Pack using Icing Borders to make the bunting. I also used cardstock from the same paper pack to die cut the flag using the bunting piece from Wonky Windows.

I cut two rectangles 1.65”W x 3”H out of the same cardstock from Heroic Halftones Paper Pack and adhere it to the outside of the front flaps. For the tent curtains, I drew and fussy cut two triangular shapes out of the Striped Silly Paper Pack and white cardstock.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Slimline Dies, Balloon Rides, Icing Border Dies, Wonky Window Dies)

For the inside of the card, I inked the sky with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide. For the grass, I used Slimline Nature Borders and ink blended with Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron. I mirror imaged stamped some of the cute bears. I colored the bears, ferris wheel, ticket booth, and popcorn cart with Copic markers from the Country Carnival Stamps and die cut using the coordinating dies, Country Carnival Dies. I added some clouds and sun from Balloon Rides, and white heat embossed the sentiments. I added a card wrap by white heat embossing balloons onto a strip of vellum 8.5”W x.9”H.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Icing Border DIes
Icing Border DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Striped Silly 6x6 Paper
Striped Silly 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dots & Stripes Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Carnival Stamps
Country Carnival Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Carnival Dies
Country Carnival Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wonky Windows Die
Wonky Windows Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Hi, SS and Bobbi and Catherine -
    These are simply amazing! Great work on beautiful cards!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete