Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Summer Greenery Die Focused Cards with Gladys and Alma

Hello everyone! Gladys here and I'm back with an adorable mini slimline card using new dies from the release called Summer Greenery which I combined with an oldie but goodie stamp set called Silly Sloth.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery Die Focused Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Silly Sloths, Wonky Window Dies)

To start I used two of the leaves from the Summer Greenery dies to cut from green cardstock. I inked the center with lucky clover distress oxide to add dimension. I also added white speckles with a fan brush. For the card panel I used a mini slimline die measuring 6 3/4" x 3 1/4" which is cut from Bristol Smooth cardstock. I used cracked pistachio and peacock feathers, starting from the center then out toward the edge of the panel. For more interest, I used a fan brush to add water droplets and diluted white paint. Once it was dry I used the Wonky Window dies to cut the panel. 

Next I stamped the Silly Sloths on 110lb cardstock and colored them with copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. Every now and then I love to combine old sets with new to give them some love. I know for me I’m tempted to get the new release and sometimes I forget the sets I already own. Lately I have been looking through my stash and enjoy playing with sets I haven't used in awhile. I hope this card will inspire you to do that too!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery Die Focused Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Silly Sloths, Wonky Window Dies)

Once all the elements was ready, it was time to assemble the card. Since I had the three Wonky Windows I decided it would be fun to create a shaker element. First I cut another panel from brown cardstock. I purposely wanted a slightly bigger panel to give an even border. I inlaid the negative pieces from the windows onto the brown cardstock. I filled each of the windows with sequins then I backed the inked panel with clear acetate and double sided foam tape. I carefully lined up the windows and adhered both panels together.  I arranged the greenery and critters and used liquid glue to adhere them down. For the sentiment I white heat embossed on red cardstock for a pop of color! Aren't these sloths just the sweetest?

That is all for me. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!!

---------------------------------------------

Here is Alma and today I want to show you a swing card. The spotlight of my card is on the new Summer Greenery Dies set and I'm amazed at how versatile it can be used.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery Die Focused Card by Alma Störk (featuring Tropical Paradise)

First I cut out a circle in kraft paper and folded it in half. So you already have the card blank ready. Then I punched out the leaves from the Summer Greenery Dies and spread them on the folded circle. Afterwards I wiped the “sand” of the circle with Distress Inks “Vintage Foto”, “Walnut Stain” and “Tea Dye”. I removed the leaves that have been put on and the leaves look like tracks in the sand.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Greenery Die Focused Card by Alma Störk (featuring Tropical Paradise)

Then I punched out the  leaves on cardstock and colored them in several shades of green with Copics. I glued the leaves to the upper edge of the swing card to create a 3D effect.

To finish, I stamped, colored and mounted the flamingos from the 
Tropical Paradise Stamps set onto the card and stamped the text "soak up the sun" from the same set.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Tropical Paradise Dies
Tropical Paradise Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Paradise Stamps
Tropical Paradise Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Stamps
Silly Sloths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Dies
Silly Sloths Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wonky Windows Die
Wonky Windows Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: