Monday, May 9, 2022

Swimming Pool Die Focused Cards with Catherine and Bobbi

Hi Friends! Its Catherine here, sharing a “Happy Summer” card created with the new Swimming Pool Die and friends from the Kiddie Pool set!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Swimming Pool Die Focused Summer Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Beach Buddies, Beach Babies, Kiddie Pool)

To start, I used paper from Gingham Pastels Paper Pack to die cut the swimming pool from Swimming Pool Die. I went over the grooves of the swimming pool with a white gelly roll to make the tiles more prominent. I die cut the swimming pool railing out of silver card stock. I coloured the pool water with Copic markers and used one of the mini wave dies in the set to tuck the girl inside the water.

I colored the poolside tiles, grass, and hedge with Copic markers and I ink blended the sky with Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Inks.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Swimming Pool Die Focused Summer Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Beach Buddies, Beach Babies, Kiddie Pool)

I thought it would be fun to add a pool volleyball net and I used the wish list die from North Pole Dies to make the net. I used Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink to color the frame and used a black multi-liner to draw the net. I added friends from Kiddie Pool and die cut the friends with the coordinating dies, Kiddie Pool Dies. The beach ball is from Beach Babies. I added some cute critters from Beach Buddies to peek over the hedge and used the put the beach towels in the set next to the pool.

I finished off the card by adding a few butterflies from Bunnyville and a white heat embossed sentiment from Fabulous Flamingoes.

-------------------------------------------

Hi Sunny Studio friends! It’s Bobbi here sharing a few new products from the latest release. I wanted to create a light-hearted pool scene for my card today, featuring the new Swimming Pool Dies. I’m using a unique group of Sunny Studio stamps together to create this summer setting.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Swimming Pool Die Focused Summer Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Kiddie Pool, Summer Greenery, Lovely Lilacs, Ocean View)

To make this 5″ X 7″ card, I used 80lb Neenah Solar White cardstock for the card base and all the die cuts. I die cut the pool ledge and steps and colored them using the following Copic Marker colors:

Water: B26, B02, B91, B93, B95
Pool ledge and decking: W4, W3, W1
Greenery/bushes: YG67, YG63, YG03, YG00

To make the patio tile decking around the pool, I made a small point in the center of my card (i.e., the vanishing point) at the top edge and moved my ruler from that stationary point out to the bottom edge of my card.  This is called a one-point perspective. This helps make my scene look a little more realistic and somewhat three-dimensional. The pool die cuts were positioned on the cement tile decking along with the pool steps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Swimming Pool Die Focused Summer Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Kiddie Pool, Summer Greenery, Lovely Lilacs, Ocean View)

To create the background, I used a blender brush to apply Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Ink for the sky. I added a natural privacy fence around the pool using the Lovely Lilacs stamps. These taller floral stamps make great bushes/hedges around the back of the pool. I also used one of the Summer Greenery Dies to create two spikey-looking bushes, too. I really love how the greenery turned out. Sometimes you have to look at your supplies just a little differently to achieve the desired result.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Swimming Pool Die Focused Summer Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Kiddie Pool, Summer Greenery, Lovely Lilacs, Ocean View)

For the characters in the scene, I used the Kiddie Pool Stamps and coordinating dies to add the girls in the pool, the friends around the pool, and the left-side beach chair. I wanted another summer deck chair, so I added the right-side one from the Ocean View Stamps set. Lastly, I hand drew a small towel for the boy to sit on. Various Copic colors were used to color in all the elements. Lastly, I stamped the phrase in the lower right corner to finish this card.

 

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Dies
Beach Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Stamps
Beach Babies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Dies
Beach Babies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
North Pole Dies
North Pole Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Stamps
Bunnyville Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Dies
Bunnyville Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ocean View Stamps
Ocean View Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ocean View Dies
Ocean View Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Dies
Kiddie Pool Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovely Lilacs Stamps
Lovely Lilacs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Swimming Pool Die
Swimming Pool Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Hi, SS and Catherine and Bobbi - These are so stinkin' cute! Love the pools, the landscaping around them, the kids, the hardscape in the second card, Bobbi, and great repurposing of the lilacs to use as hedge trees!

    Catherine, I keep trying to leave you comments on your site. I have a WordPress account and leave notes for others all the time. I cannot seem to get things to work on your site. The problem probably lies w/ me but wanted you to know that I try and am unsuccessful. If someone from SS reads this and is able to forward it to Catherine, I would be grateful!
    Lori S in PA

    Have a great week!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete