Friday, November 19, 2021

Pristine Poinsettias & Winter Greenery Cards with Audrey and Vanessa

Hello friends! Audrey here to share a project with you today using the Pristine Poinsettia dies and the Wintery Greenery dies!  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pristine Poinsettias Dies Winter Greenery Dies Christmas Card by Audrey Tokach

To create my card, I started off with a piece of white cardstock cut to 4" x 5.25". I splattered on some Brushed Pewter Distress Mica Spray from Tim Holtz. At the bottom of the panel, I added a strip of wood grain paper from the Subtle Grey Tones 6x6 paper pad, and bordered that with a skinny strip of silver glitter paper to bring out the shine in the mica spray splatters. 

To construct my Pristine Poinsettia, I cut the layers from light pink, medium red and burgundy cardstock and inked the edges of each in either Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries or Aged Mahogany Distress Oxide inks. Then, I splattered on some of the same inks, and some watered down white acrylic paint. I glued each of the petal layers together with a glue pen, and added foam tape between each layer of petals for some dimension. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pristine Poinsettias Dies Winter Greenery Dies Christmas Card by Audrey Tokach

For the leaves, I cut the bigger holly leaves from the Wintery Greenery die set from light green cardstock, and inked the edges with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide. I splattered on some Rustic Wilderness Oxide and white acrylic paint. The smaller leaves were die cut from darker green cardstock and inked with Rustic Wilderness Oxide. I glued the poinsettia down just in the center, tucked the leaves behind it and glued them down with a glue pen once I was happy with the arrangements. 

I stamped a sentiment from the Holiday Express stamp set on a white banner, and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. To finish off the card, I added a scattering of clear sequins before popping the panel up on an A2 white card base.

--------------------------------------

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a Christmas card using the beautiful Pristine Poinsettia and Winter Greenery Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pristine Poinsettias Dies Winter Greenery Dies Season's Greetings Christmas Card by Vanessa Menhorn

I die-cut the pieces from white cardstock and inked every element with Distress Oxide inks. Then I assembled the poinsettia and arranged it together with the greenery on my white cardstock panel. After stamping the "Season's", I adhered the panel to the green card base. Now I stamped the "Greetings" onto white cardstock, die-cut it with the matching die and adhered it to the card.

These dies are such fun to create with! The possibilities are endless.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pristine Poinsettias Dies Winter Greenery Dies Season's Greetings Christmas Card by Vanessa Menhorn

Supplies used:
Pristine Poinsettia
Winter Greenery Dies
Season's Greetings stamps + dies

Distress Oxides used: Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry (Poinsettia + Greeting); Cracked Pistacchio, Lucky Clover, Pine Needles, Speckled Egg (Greenery)

Have a wonderful weekend everybody! Thanks for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Holiday Express Stamps
Holiday Express Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Season's Greetings Stamps
Season's Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Season's Greetings Word Dies
Season's Greetings Word Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pristine Poinsettia Dies
Pristine Poinsettia Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Greenery DIes
Winter Greenery DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment