Friday, November 12, 2021

Gingerbread House Die Focused Tag & Card with Tammy and Audrey

Hello friends! Tammy here with this sweet gift tag, that can also be repurposed as an ornament, featuring the adorable Gingerbread House Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gingerbread House Dies Icing Border Dies Christmas Cookies Holiday Tag by Tammy Stark

To begin, I die cut kraft cardstock using the Gingerbread House Dies, then ink blended the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink to darken the edges. Next, I die cut the other elements using various colors of cardstock. I added glitter to the white scalloped pieces and the candies to give the look of sugared candy.

Next, I stamped the images from Christmas Cookies, colored with Copic markers, and die cut with the Christmas Cookies Dies. Copic Colors Used: Gingerbread: E37, E55, E31, E51, E50; Red: R39, R37, R35, R05; Green: YG17, YG03, YG01; Pink: R22, R20, RV10; White: N2, C1, C00

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gingerbread House Dies Icing Border Dies Christmas Cookies Holiday Tag by Tammy Stark

I cut a white base using the larger Gingerbread House shadow, placed my decorated gingerbread house on top and lightly traced it, then cut it. This gives the back a nice, clean look and makes the tag super sturdy. Next, I stamped the sentiment onto a white cardstock strip, punched a hole and attached it to a piece of red and white bakers twine. I covered the back of the house with heavy duty tape adhesive, then attached the two pieces, sandwiching the twine between them to create a little loop...perfect for adding to a gift or the Christmas tree!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to create your own tags or ornaments for gifting! Happy Crafting!

---------------------------------------------

Hello friends! Audrey here with some sweet holiday wishes! I used the new Gingerbread House die to make a shaped card!  This die is a large size and nearly fills an A2 card front. It's perfect for creating shaped cards. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gingerbread House Dies Icing Border Dies Christmas Cookies Holiday Card by Audrey Tokach

I started off by die cutting two of the largest house dies from medium  brown cardstock, along with all of the windows, the door, and the roof. I used Vintage Photo Distress Oxide to ink the edges of each piece for more contrast. Then, I cut the window, door and roof trim from white cardstock, and the body of the house from light pink cardstock. If you have followed me for any length of time a pink gingerbread house should not surprise you at all! ;) 

The edges of the main part of the house were inked with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide. Then, I die cut one of the Icing Borders from white cardstock glued that near the bottom of the house. I adhered all of the other pieces with liquid glue, and added Diamond Stickles to nearly everything. LOL!  I forgot that ink will make the Stickles change color slightly, and that is why my roof looks a bit gold. I think it is a fun contrast to the white. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gingerbread House Dies Icing Border Dies Christmas Cookies Holiday Card by Audrey Tokach

Next, I stamped the two gingerbread from the Christmas Cookies stamp set in brown ink and colored them with Copic markers. They were die cut with the coordinating Christmas Cookies dies. The brown ink makes they look a but like I did no-line coloring. I added their little faces back ink with a brown pen, and enhanced their icing stripes with a white gel pen, then popped them up with foam tape. I adhered the front of the house to a second house die cut that I scored about 1/2" front the top so the card would open properly. Finally, I added white gel pen accents to the rest of the card, and a few tiny clay hearts to finish off my card.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Christmas Cookies Stamps
Christmas Cookies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Cookies Dies
Christmas Cookies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingerbread House Dies
Gingerbread House Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Icing Border DIes
Icing Border DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment