Thursday, November 18, 2021

Deck The Halls Cards with Anja and Marine

Hello everyone, Anja here and today I'm featuring the Deck The Halls stamp set that comes with playful holiday ornaments that will make you smile.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Deck The Halls Inside Greetings Christmas Card by Anja Bytyqi

I started off with a card base that is slightly bigger in size than a standard A2. The final card measures 4 3/8" x 5 5/8". I picked the knitted pattern paper from the All Is Bright 6x6 Paper pack as my background and trimmed it down. At the bottom, I stamped the sentiments (Retro Ornaments and Inside Greetings Holiday) in VersaMark Ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. Then I attached the panel directly to the card front.

Next, I created a frame using the peppermint stripes paper. For more sturdiness, I adhered it to a piece of white cardstock before cutting out a 3 3/4" x 5" rectangle. I stamped the ornaments in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. I cut them out with the coordinating dies and pulled some silver string through the holes at the top which I secured with thin micropore tape at the back. I also added a little red pom pom to be the reindeer's nose.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Deck The Halls Inside Greetings Christmas Card by Anja Bytyqi

To create some sprigs for my ornaments to hang on, I used the largest sprig from the Winter Greenery Dies set. I chose two shades of green cardstock and die cut several sprigs which I adhered with liquid glue. I spread them alternately across the top of my card by letting them overlap each other.

I attached the ornaments to the center of the card and tucked the string ends underneath the sprigs. Finally, I popped up the striped frame with foam strips.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Enjoy your day!

------------------------------------------

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, today I'm sharing with you a new joyful and fun interactive card featuring Deck The Halls, and I'm going to show you how I made the Santa ornaments wiggle.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Deck The Halls Christmas Card by Marine Simon

I started by stamping four peppermint ornaments, as well as Santa's head and body, I cut them using the coordinating dies and then colored them using my alcohol markers.

Once all my cute ornaments were colored, I moved on to the background. I wanted to create a Christmas tree background and give the illusion that the ornaments are hanging on the branches. So I started by covering a 5,5 x 4,25" bristol panel with mowed lawn distress ink to get a nice and even base. And from that green base, I created the tree texture using a grass stencil. I started at the top of the panel, I placed the stencil upside down and added rustic wilderness distress ink along the grass stencil and used my mowed lawn blending tool to mix the colors. And then I repeated this process to cover the whole panel with tree texture.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Deck The Halls Christmas Card by Marine Simon

Next I created the interactive element. I cut two small pieces of cardstock: one measuring 2,5 x 1cm and one measuring 2 x 1cm. Those pieces will be hidden so the color of cardstock doesn't matter. And from now on I invite you to watch the video below (click on the image below) to see the entire interactive process because it's always easier to understand with images.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Deck The Halls Christmas Card by Marine Simon

So once I was done with the wiggle mechanism, I attached the four peppermint ornaments and to hang them in the tree I just traced a vertical line from the top of each ornament to the top edge of the panel. And I stamped my sentiment from Holiday Express at the bottom of the panel, right in the center. Next I stuck my panel on a green card base. I added white highlights and details on the images and glued a bunch of Iridescent clear jewels to make the tree all sparkling.

And that's it! Now let's put on 'Rockin around the Christmas tree' and see how Santa wiggles and dances to the sound of the music! I leave you with the process video and I'll see you next week with a new card!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Deck The Halls Stamps
Deck The Halls Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Deck The Halls Dies
Deck The Halls Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Express Stamps
Holiday Express Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
All Is Bright Paper
All Is Bright Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment