Saturday, October 16, 2021

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Rachel Alvarado

Hello friends! Rachel here and I'm so happy to be guest designing today for Sunny Studio Stamps! I created two winter-themed cards to share with you today using some fabulous items from the latest release. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bear Hugs Winter Themed Friendship Card by Rachel Alvarado

My first card is a one-layer card featuring the adorable Bear Hugs Stamp Set. To start my card, I first trimmed a piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Card Stock to 4.25" x 5.5". I then stamped my bear images onto the center portion of the card stock. Next, I stamped them again onto a piece of Gina K. Designs Masking Magic Sheets, fussy cut them out, and placed the masking pieces over my bears. I then added more masking paper (that I had cut in the form of a snow drift) and masked off the ground area. Next, I stamped my tree images so that when finished, they would appear to be in the background of my card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bear Hugs Winter Themed Friendship Card by Rachel Alvarado

I then stamped all of my tree images onto masking paper and followed the same steps as above to mask my trees. Once finished, I then ink blended my background with a mix of Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio, and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks. With my masking paper still attached, I then splattered this area with some diluted opaque white paint to resemble snow. Next, I removed my masking pieces and colored my images with Copic Markers. Lastly, I stamped my sentiment with some Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and used a white gel pen to add some "snow" on top of my colored images. Copic Colors Used: Bears 0, W00, W1, W3; Trees: E41, E43, E44; Cheeks: RV00, R83.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Lazy Christmas Stitched Oval Dies Scalloped Oval Mat Dies Winter Greenery Christmas Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my second project, I made a Mini Slimline Shadow Box Card that measures at 5" x 4" when opened and propped up. I layered the box portion with some red patterned paper from the new All is Bright 6x6 Paper Pad. I also lined the inside background of the card with a piece of grey and white patterned paper from the Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper Pad. I cut an oval from the front of my card using the Stitched Oval Dies and added a stitched scalloped frame using the new Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Lazy Christmas Stitched Oval Dies Scalloped Oval Mat Dies Winter Greenery Christmas Card by Rachel Alvarado

I stamped my images from the Lazy Christmas Stamp Set onto another piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock, colored them with Copic Markers, and used the coordinating Lazy Christmas Dies to cut them out. Next, I added some green foliage that I had cut from green card stock using the new Winter Greenery Dies. I added some "snow" to the edges of these pieces by heat embossing some WOW! White Puff Embossing Powder.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Lazy Christmas Stitched Oval Dies Scalloped Oval Mat Dies Winter Greenery Christmas Card by Rachel Alvarado

When folded flat, this card fits perfectly into a 4.25" x 6.75" envelope (or larger) that I had made from scratch. This makes it perfect for mailing and so much fun to give during the holidays! Thanks so much for stopping by! If you liked these cards and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Bear Hugs Stamps
Bear Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bear Hugs Dies
Bear Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lazy Christmas Stamps
Lazy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lazy Christmas Dies
Lazy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Greenery DIes
Winter Greenery DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
All Is Bright Paper
All Is Bright Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment