Monday, October 11, 2021

Bear Hugs Cards with Ashley and Mayra

Hello friends! It's Ashley today with a cute little winter card featuring the Bear Hugs set! I've been MIA for a few weeks as I moved into a new house, and it feels so good to create again! These little cuties were the perfect thing to get me back in the groove!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bear Hugs Frosty Flurries Everyday Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 3.75" square. I thought a square card would be perfect to frame the bears. I used the birch trees stamp from Bear Hugs with Lawn Fawn Jellyfish ink to create a subtle wooded background. I blended Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Broken China in from the outside to add some color, then stamped the Frosty Flurries stamp in Versamark ink and embossed with white for snow. I finished the background with a white snowdrift made from white cardstock and a Slimline Nature Borders die.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bear Hugs Frosty Flurries Everyday Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I stamped my bear pair on more white cardstock with Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink and colored with Copics. I was so excited to finish up and take photos, that I completely forgot my usual white gel pen highlights! I think they look just as adorable without, but I might have to add them in later. I cut the bears out with the matching die and added them to the card with foam tape. I stamped part of the sentiment from Bear Hugs in Jet Black, then made the rest of the sentiment from the "hugs" die in the Scalloped Oval Mat 3 dies. I die cut the hugs from light blue cardstock twice and light blue glitter cardstock once to create a pretty dimensional word. I added it to my card then put the whole thing on a light grey 4"x4" base to finish.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

----------------------------------------------

Hello and happy Monday everyone. Mayra here, to share this fun card with you today using the cute new Bear Hugs stamp set.   

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bear Hugs Home Sweet Gnome Stitched Circle Dies Everyday Card by Ashley Ebben

I began by coloring the bears from the set, the trees, the leaves from the Fall Kiddos and Bountiful Autumn stamp sets, and the mushroom from the Home Sweet Gnome stamp set. I used Copic markers to color the images. For the brown areas, I used W1, E81, E41, E40, E31, E55, E84, E87, and E89. 

Next, I used the larger of the rectangles from the Stitched Rectangles die set to die cut the base panel, and the top layer for the card using the Gingham Jewel Tone 6 x 6 paper pad. I also used the banner from the set for the sentiment. I added color to the base panel using Distress Oxide inks. I used Prize Ribbon, Blueprint Sketch, and Chipped Sapphire. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bear Hugs Home Sweet Gnome Stitched Circle Dies Everyday Card by Ashley Ebben

I then used the Stitched Circle Small dies to die cut the circle into the top layer of the card base. I also used the same circle to die cut the window into the scalloped circle which was die-cut using the Scalloped Circle Mat 1 die set. I then die-cut the grass border using the grass from the Picket Fence die set.

I hope you enjoy the card I created to share with you today. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bear Hugs Stamps
Bear Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bear Hugs Dies
Bear Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frosty Flurries Stamps
Frosty Flurries Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Gingham Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Kiddos Stamps
Fall Kiddos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Kiddos Dies
Fall Kiddos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Home Sweet Gnome Stamps
Home Sweet Gnome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Home Sweet Gnome Dies
Home Sweet Gnome Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bountiful Autumn Stamps
Bountiful Autumn Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bountiful Autumn Dies
Bountiful Autumn Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Small Dies
Stitched Circle Small Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Oval Mat 3 Dies
Scalloped Oval Mat 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment