Saturday, September 7, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Wanda Guess

Hi everyone! Wanda Guess here! I'm always happy and excited to be the guest designer on the Sunny Studio Blog! I'm delighted to work with the beautiful and fun stamps and dies from Sunny Studio! They are some of the favs in my craft room for sure. For today's post I'm sharing two cards! One fun and colorful card with stamps from the new release, and one warm, Autumn themed card! I'm so ready for Fall already! Please visit me on my blog sometime! You can find me at A Blog Called Wanda! Or find me on Instagram. Let's get started with projects for today!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Card by Wanda Guess

You make my heart soar! Gosh how cute is that sentiment? I am smitten with the Plane Awesome stamp set! The cutest little airplane with adorable animals. I have a grey cat named Lucky, so I used the kitty cat image. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Card by Wanda Guess

I used the balloons image from the Love Monkey Stamp Set to attach to the back of the plane. This card is an A2 size. I started by using the awesome new paper called Heroic Halftones and covered the card base in yellow paper. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Card by Wanda Guess

Then I used the Fluffy Clouds Borders dies and die cut out four sets of clouds. I attached two clouds at the top and two at the bottom of my card so it would look like he was flying through the air. I stamped and die cut all the images and colored them with Copic Markers in bright shades. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Plane Awesome Fluffy Clouds Border Dies Card by Wanda Guess

I attached everything with foam tape. Some glitter glue accents finish off the card. I think I'll tuck this one away for Valentine's Day, but it would also be a great anniversary card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Splendor Beautiful Autumn Card by Wanda Guess

Next up is a warm autumn greeting inspired by the new Sunny Studio paper pad called Colorful Autumn. SUCH pretty papers! I used some wood grain paper from my stash to make an A2 card base. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Splendor Beautiful Autumn Card by Wanda Guess

I layered orange paper and leaf print paper onto the card base. I used the colors in the leaf print paper to inspire my color choices for stamping. I stamped the pretty leaves from the Autumn Splendor stamp set in orange, yellow and green and die cut them out with the matching dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Splendor Beautiful Autumn Card by Wanda Guess

I stamped the sentiment using the Beautiful Autumn set on a paper strip and wrapped it around that top layer. Then I tucked the leaves and acorn into that banner. This is a fun card layout that would work with a lot of different themes. I splattered some brown ink onto everything and added enamel dots to finish it off. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Splendor Beautiful Autumn Card by Wanda Guess

The Sunny Studio stamp sets are all perfectly sized and scaled to mix and match, and that makes it so much fun to create with all your stamp sets. I loved combining everything for these cards! I say, get out all your stamp sets and play! I promise ideas will come to you! 

Big thanks to Mendi for having me as a guest! Have a wonderful day everyone! Here's wishing you a blessed and beautiful Fall Season!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Autumn Splendor Dies
Autumn Splendor Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Splendor Stamps
Autumn Splendor Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beautiful Autumn Stamps
Beautiful Autumn Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beautiful Autumn Dies
Beautiful Autumn Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Colorful Autumn 6x6 Paper
Colorful Autumn 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Stamps
Plane Awesome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Dies
Plane Awesome Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dear Friend, lovely to see you here. That Autumn paper pad is gorgeous, as are those leaves. I just adore fall. Being an October baby I come by it naturally. Thanks for sharing these lovelies. Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete